The Lost Heroes

The Lost Heroes

"Boys gather round! I have an announcement!"

"Leo, we're standing right next to you," Frank stated.

"Even better!" Leo replied. "I have gathered the four of you here to the inner sanctum that is Bunker 9 for a reason. What is that reason you ask? Why it's right over there under that sheet," He continued pointing to a bunch of blobs under a sheet. "Now I'm sure you're wondering what is covered by that sheet right there..."

"Not really," Nico shrugged.

"Maybe a little," Percy admitted.

Jason shrugged. "You're gonna tell us anyway."

Leo walked over to the sheet and held it. "Ready for awesomeness?"

"Just get on with it Valdez," Nico said rolling his eyes.

Leo obliged and pulled back the sheet to reveal... Instruments?

"Today boys! We will be starting a band!" Leo declared.

Four pairs of eyes looked at one another confused before landing back on Leo.

"How about we don't do that and say we did," Nico suggested.

"Oh come on! It will be awesome! I even painted the keyboard black with skulls for you!" Leo argued.

"How about the fact that none of us know how to play?"

"You all can learn," Leo decided grabbing Nico by the arm and pulling him over to stand in front of the keyboard. Leo turned back to the other boys. "Frank that bass is yours. Jason you got the guitar. I have the drums and that means Percy you're singing."

"You can sing?" Frank asked Percy confused.

"Uhh... Maybe?" Percy answered with a shrug.

"When deciding who was who I was sitting at the water and I saw the mermaids. And then I thought about Sirens. The singing girls who murder guys. And I thought well they are ocean and seay. So I figure you ought to be top," Leo explained shoving instruments into Frank and Jason's hands before tossing Percy a mic. "Well? Let's see if you can sing."

Percy caught the mic. "Um... What am I supposed to sing?"

"Sing Happy Birthday. But put so much emotion into it. Sing it like I'm Simon Cowell."

Percy watched the others waiting for him before he sighed and stared at the floor as he began to sing. "Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday dear- dear... Uh?" Percy looked up to the other boys staring at him with wide eyes. He blinked. "Am I that bad?"

"Complete opposite actually," Frank answered slowly. "I guess Leo's siren theory is right."

"Course it is," Leo nods. "Now we need to get you three to learn to play your instruments. Or at least make something sound good."

~~~~

"Okay," Nico said before taking a sip of his water. "I'll admit this was kinda fun."

"Just warn us next time you turn on the drum's pyrotechnics," Jason told Leo with a pointed look.

"Yeah... Sorry about that..." Leo laughed.

The five boys sat in a circle on the floor after a successful first band practice.

"If we are a band what's our name?" Percy asked.