Straightforward

Straightforward

Warning: This is really weird. Just read note at the end, it will explain why

Jason POV

"Target in sight sir."

"Good," A voice says over the phone. "You two better not screw this up"

"Wasn't planning on it," Says another voice.

"Watch your tone Jackson," The voice snaps over the phone. "I still have something of yours." The person on the line goes silent and "Jackson" kicks the wall in front of him in frustration.

"Calm down Perce," Jason tells the boy next to him.

"How do you expect me to do that Jason?"

"Look, I'm not happy about this either," Jason says pocketing the phone. "But, we don't have a choice. You do realize that much don't you? One more and were out."

A sigh is the answer.

Jason nods and looks over at his partner. Perseus Jackson. This is the guy everyone was fawning over? Perseus or Percy as he prefered, was about Jason's height. He has jet black hair and sea green eyes which seemed to have a hurricane raging within them. Jason wasn't exactly sure what to think of him.

Others had made him sound like a hero but Jason wanted to make a conclusion himself. So this was certainly a strange mission to be on together. Neither had worked together before and now both were being trusted with a special assignment. Jason had been working on the West Coast and Percy the East. When Jason had arrived at the East Base, Percy had gone off the grid for a while before reappearing on the West.

Finally their mission had gotten underway though he was not sure how he felt about it. He glanced across the road to see their target laughing with her friend. Jason frowned as he glanced down at the girl's name on his file: Piper McLean. The daughter of a famous actor, rich as can be, and apparently a delinquent.

"When will the blonde one leave?" Percy groans. "I want to get this over with."

"You want her to leave?" Jason asks. "You haven't take your eyes off her."

"Shut up Grace. You've been staring at the target."

A blush rises on Jason's face as he looks away from the two girls.

Percy lights hits Jason in the arm gaining his attention. "They're leaving."

Jason looks up to see Percy walking away and is quick to follow. They follow the two girls out the mall and down the street.

"Too many people," Jason comments.

Percy nods. "Hopefully she stays out late."

~~~~

Jason was tired of waiting and judging by the way Percy kept fidgeting he was too. Their target and the blonde had spent all day out before walking back to campus. Jason and Percy followed the entire time. It was finally dark.

As the girls entered campus Percy and Jason had split up to look at least suspicious as two guys stalking a girl could. Splitting up made sense, both boys were still unsure of how to work together.

Jason feels his phone buzz in his pocket. Without taking his eyes off of the two girls he reached in his pocket and answered it.

"The blonde one has a dorm on the other side of campus," Percy tells him.

"How do you know that?" Jason asks.

"You have your sources, I have mine."

"Once we get the chance, we probably have a minute," Jason says.

Percy doesn't respond and hangs up. Jason watches as the blonde girl waves to their target and walks off. He nods to himself as he walks a bit faster while still trying to be invisible as possible. As she rounds a corner, both boys strike.

Jason grabs her despite her shouts and failing. Percy pulls out a cloth and puts it over her nose and mouth. A few moments later she passes out.

"This couldn't have been a normal mission," Percy grunts putting the cloth away.

"I know right," Jason agrees.

"Hey Pipes-" Both freeze and turn as the blonde girl rounds the corner. She freezes for a moment before turning to run and nearly getting herself set on fire.

As the fire dies down a small Latino is seems smiling.

"Leo!?" Jason shouts. "What the hell are you doing here!?"

Leo's smile vanishes. "I want out too. I'm tired of just being a source. I help you and I'm one step closer."

The blonde girl tries to run around him during his speech, but a hand grabs her wrist. She punches with her other hand but it is blocked and Leo places a cloth over her nose and mouth. It doesn't take long before she passes out.

"Di Angelo's here too," Leo says nodding to the boy beside him.

"We need to get out of here," Nico says. The other boys nod. Jason ends up carrying their target and Percy the blonde as with Nico's help the four boys and their two hostages sneak off toward an awaiting truck.

~~~~

Okay.

Since your probably wondering what the Hades that was: it's a possible idea for a new story. I wasn't sure so I wanted to see what you guys think.

Here's a rough description:

Straightforward

Things have always been that. Straightforward. Orders are given. Orders are followed without any complaint or question. If you do as your told them you have a chance of making it out.

Jason Grace and Percy Jackson wanted out. And when their told they can finally have their freedom if they kidnap a college girl they accept.

Things don't go quite as planned and they end up with an extra hostage and two more boys who also want out: Leo Valdez and Nico di Angelo.

But things take a wrong turn when someone tries to kill them.

Next thing they know their on the run with their hostages trying to figure out which way to turn.

Things take another wrong turn and the people on their side may have never been on their side at all. Or they all simply still stuck in this twisted game?

And they may gain their freedom, but the very thing they were trying to save may have been gone this entire time.

Turns out things aren't so straightforward after all.

Tell me what you think!

-Jaz