Fireworks

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

(Or average Monday)

Either way what do we need on a day like today?

CABRINA!

(This connects to the other cabrina one shots which have been written by Sabrina and Twila .)

So enjoy!

-Jaz

~~~~

Fireworks

Connor Stoll hated the Fourth of July. Or rather he hated what came along with the Fourth of July.

Fireworks.

Everyone else chatted excitedly on the way to Fireworks Beach eager to see what the Hephaestus Cabin had come up with this year while Connor lagged behind.

Connor sat beside Travis who was busy chatting with Katie when the fireworks show began. The show started with the usual fireworks one would see in the mortal world before it started to pick up. The fireworks began to form people with weapons who charged one another and started to battle.

Connor frowned.

In his mind the battle seemed to fade away replaced by the face of a girl. Connor closed his eyes and shook his head trying to erase her face from his mind. Trying to erase him memories of her.

New Years.

Those special green fireworks.

Her being a Hunter.

Their kiss.

Her death.

Tears started to sprout from his eyes before he could stop them.

"You okay?" Travis' voice said in his ear competing with the loud fireworks.

Connor quickly wiped his eyes and turned to his brother. "Yeah I just think something bit me."

Travis rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to fireworks.

Connor looked down once again when he could hear humming coming from close beside him. He subconsciously moved a bit closer to person humming trying to get closer to identify the song.

Firework by Katy Perry.

Connor glanced over and froze at what he saw. A familiar girl in a hunter uniform. Her faded green streaks and her bright green eyes. She smiled at the the fireworks at the sky but she watched him out of the corner of her eye. Even so she kept on humming.

Connor stared at her wide eyed and her name slipped from his lips. "Sabrina."

She turned toward him still humming. She gave him a slight nod.

Connor's tears started once again. Now he was even hallucinating her. As she hummed he couldn't help but mumble the words. "Cause, baby, you're a firework..."

Sabrina smiled and began to hum a bit louder. Connor smiled and began to drum on his legs as he sang louder.

"Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colours burst
Make 'em go, "Aah, aah, aah"
You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon"

They finished the song just as the announcement sounded for the big finale.

Connor found himself smiling at her. He shivered slightly as a breeze blew through. He rubbed his arms trying to warm up when a silver jacket was placed around his shoulders. Connor blushes slightly at her as he pulled the jacket closer to himself. Pretending that he wasn't inhaling the deep smell of mocha and donuts.

She rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless as she turned back to the sky. Connor followed her gave a smile on his face not saying a word as if he was scared that speaking to her would cause her to slip away into the breeze and never come back to him.

Not like she ever actually could. She had died. He had kissed her and Artemis had punished her for what he had done. She was gone and there was nothing but that green scaly cloak with the word Date? on it left behind. After having gotten over the majority of his shock Connor had folded the cloak and kept it safe since in order to give it back to Sabrina's friends, Twila and Jaz.

A loud bang sounded and he gripped her arm surprised. She raised and eyebrow before laughing and Connor realized what the sound had been another firework had gone off. He blushed slightly as she laughed again. How he had missed that sound.

In that moment Connor didn't care if what was happening was a dream or a hallucination. He was just happy that she was here with him.

Perhaps fireworks weren't so bad after all.

With that thought in mind he watched the rest of the fireworks before heading back to his cabin and to his bed.

~~~~

Connor was shaken awake the next morning. With a groan he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Why are you wearing that?" Cecil asked looking at Connor disgusted.

Connor glanced down to see he was still in his clothes from the night before. He shrugged, "I fell asleep before I changed."

"Not what he meant dude," Travis said. "You're wearing a Hunter's jacket."

Connor was suddenly wide awake as he examined the foreign piece of clothing. "It wasn't a dream...?" He asked quietly.

"You should give that back," Julia advised.

"Can't!" Alice chimed in. "The Hunters only stopped by since they were close by and could go to the fireworks show on their way somewhere else. They set back off after breakfast."

"I missed breakfast!? No one woke me!? Wait what time is it?" Connor shouted.

"Just after nine," Travis answered. "And I couldn't wake you. I tried, failed and then I gave up and let you sleep."

Connor took off the jacket and folded it neatly with a smile despite himself. "They're gone but at least this means..." He trailed off smiling wider he placed the jacket in a safe place where he knew no harm would come to it. Right next to the green scaly cloak. He set it down and stared at both items a wave of relief washing over him. Satisfied he the walked out the cabin to take a breath of fresh air feeling happier than he had had in a while.

"You alright?" Travis asked coming up next to Connor and throwing his arm around his younger brother's shoulders.

Connor nodded and glanced over at Cabin 8 a goofy smile on his face. "She's alive. Sabrina's alive! Thanks the gods... She's alive..."