The Rebirth of Camp Half-Blood (Part 1)

This will be probably two or three parts.

(I actually wrote this like two months ago and forgot to post it...)

-Jaz

~~~~

The Rebirth of Camp Half-Blood (Part 1)

The golden dust settled down on him. The sword in his hand didn't even feel strange after all this time. He stared shocked at where the monster had been.

Why was it here? It had been years since he had seen one. His eyes widened as he began to realize what this meant. He sprinted down the street and into his apartment building. He ignored the doorman's questions about his appearance as he hit the elevator button impatiently. The doorman suggested calling an ambulance and he took that as invitation to try the stairs. He sprinted up the fifth floor and fumbled about for his keys before throwing the door open and quickly shutting it.

"Dad!" A girl's voice shouted. "What happened to you!"

"I'm calling an ambulance!" Shouted a boy's voice.

"No!" He cried snatching the cell phone away and slamming it on the floor.

"Dad!"

"What is going on?" A woman's voice asked.

He turned to face his wife. At the sight of him she dropped the glass of water she was holding and it shattered on the floor. Her eyes wide. He opened his mouth but she quickly hushed him and shoved him on to the couch.

She then ran into the kitchen and returned with a sandwich bag of ambrosia and a pitcher of water. He took a square of ambrosia and took a bite as she splashed the water on him. Behind her her children gasped as his injuries began to slowly heal themselves.

"Mom?"

She stood to face her children. "Pack a bag. Keep it light. Absolutely no technology of any kind."

"But mom..."

"Pack a bag!"

The two knew better than to argue and hurried to do as they were told.

"I'll fetch the 'necessities'. Can you grab the clothes?" Her husband asked standing.

She nodded. "Course. I just can't believe that after all this time... I-I thought they could be normal..."

He pulled her into a hug and kisses the top of her head. "We've tried. There's nothing more we can do about that right now. What we can do, is call everyone else. We'll be okay. I'll meet you at the car." He then quickly headed downstairs to their storage unit. Inside sat the usual things, the kids old bikes, old furniture, boxes of this and that. He ignored it all in favor of a box. Unlike all the other boxes it's label was in Greek. Opening it he moved the photos that were on top to reach what he came down for. A bag of drachmas and denarii and spare weapons- which he had saved for his children for all of these years.

He stuffed them into a bag and hurried out front. The kids were already in the back and his wife sat in the driver's seat. He slid in the passenger seat as she hit the gas.