You Better

Hey guys!

So sorry for the lack off updates or even being on! I've been watching Log Horizon... I started season one last Saturday and now I think I am almost halfway done with season two. Not to mention school and a whole lot of excuses.

Anyway...

Here ya go an update of sorts!

See Ya Eventually Creeps!
-Jaz

~~~

You Better

"Why do you call yourself 'The Jester'?"

He didn't look up as he replied. "For one this is a killer hat. Secondly... I am a jester- the king's fool. I certainly provide entertainment. I smile and laugh and pretend everything is okay."

"Pretend?"

"Did you know that jesters could be thrown out or even killed if the king wasn't happy? Even so he kept on telling jokes with a smile."

"I meant you."

He nodded as he stood. "I know. He threw me out a while ago. Not the first place I've been thrown out of..."

She watched him cross the room and grab his sack of goods. "I'll be back," He said without turning away. He placed the jesters cap and mask over his face.

"You better," she threatened.

He chuckled without turning around. He hoisted his large bag on his shoulder and dropped out the window.

~~~~

"Princess!" The thief shouted as he ran through the crumbled mansion.

He ran in different rooms. Until he found her. She was bleeding and laying on the floor of what was once her room. The wall was gone and many things were on fire. He didn't focus much on the room as his eyes turned to her. Her leg was twisted at an odd angle. Her clothes are part of her face was burned. She had clearly been standing close during the blast.

He ran closer and cradled her head tears falling freely from his face. "Princess," he sobbed.

"T-thief?" She croaked.

"I'm here," he said quickly. "I'm here."

"I-I love you my thief."

"I love you too," He said shakily.

"Please my last wish. Run."

"I'll come back."

"You better."

~~~~

"I'll be fine."

"No you won't. You're going to war! Even if you survive your not the same! Don't go!... Please..."

He didn't respond and pulled her into a hug. "I'll come back."

"You better."

~~~~

"As his raft skimmed over the water, taking him back to the mortal world, he understood a line from the Prophecy-an oath to keep with a final breath.

"He understood how dangerous oaths could be. But Leo didn't care. 'I'm coming back for you, Calypso,' he said to the night wind. 'I swear it on the River Styx'."

Calypso watched him go and his words carried on the wind. A single tear fell from her eye. "You better."