The Ring Incident

The Ring Incident

Things had all gone as planned. He had talked to the waiter and the chef and things were gonna work out. He sat with his girlfriend and friends. His nerves were consuming him, he drummed his fingers nervously throughout the whole meal. Finally dessert came.

As planned cupcakes were ordered. The waiter set them down. And she squealed seeing the ring on top of her cupcake. She grabbed her now fiancé's face and kissed him. She grabbed the waiter in a hug and then she and the other girl ran out to call everyone and tell them the news. Leaving two guys staring at each other bewildered.

What was the problem you might ask? Well, you see the stupid waiter- Matthew - gave the cupcake with the ring to the wrong girl.

"What the..? I didn't get a ring!" Percy shouted to no one in particular his eyes following where Annabeth had gone.

"Yeah," Jason responded sourly. "I did."

"Oh gods... What do I tell her?" Percy asked his face falling into his hands. He shifted nervously in his seat.

"I don't know but, I'm going to kill our waiter... Matthew. I bet you he did it on purpose. The stupid teenager probably thought it would be funny."

"We have a bigger problem right now."

"What?"

"If I tell her, I won't live 'til morning!"

Jason nodded slowly. He couldn't deny that. Annabeth looked happy and Piper looked happy for her. He certainly felt sorry for Percy once the news broke. "You know what you have to do then right?"

Percy shook his head. "No, what?"

"Tell her fast. Before she lets anyone else know."

"I'm not trying to die Jason."

"Okay... Then you need to get Annabeth a ring."

Percy looked like a deer caught in the headlights. "W-what?"

"Get Annabeth a ring," Jason repeated. "Get her a ring and then in a couple days we can explain. In the mean time I need to figure out where to hide a certain waiter's body..."

"B-b-but..."

"They're coming."

Annabeth and Piper retuned to the table both with smiles on their faces. Annabeth kissed Percy happily and began to eat her cupcake.

"You don't know how long my cabin has had your wedding planned," Piper said.

"They planned it?" Annabeth asked.

Piper nodded as she swallowed taking a bite of her cupcake.  "From the dress to the honeymoon."

"Are they gonna pay for all of it?"

Piper laughed. "Not even close."

The girls chatted excited and Percy gave a nervous smile while Jason sent the waiter a death glare.

Finally it was time to leave. The two couples parted ways headed for their own apartments.

"I can't believe they are finally getting married!" Piper said.