Percy Pan (Part 3)

Percy Pan (Part 3)

Percy stared at Rachel as he held her in her hands. The small fairy barely moved and her light grew dimmer and dimmer by the second.

"Please Rachel," Percy whispered as more tears escaped. "You're my best friend. My first friend... My sister... I shouldn't have banished you...."

"...I'm sorry...

"Come on Rach..."

He trails off once again as he holds her frail body. He looks over to where his hat and pen lie. He uncaps his pen and his bronze sword comes into his hand.

He places Rachel in his hat and places it on his head.

"I can't save you, but I can do something else..." he spins his sword in his hand before he takes off out of his room and into the night sky. Headed for where the Roman Eagle is moored.

~~~~

The Lost Boys stare watching a bit frightened as they are tied to one of the masts. Each is gagged and their bodies are tied side by side. Among them is Bobby and Matthew. But their situation isn't what frightens them.

Annabeth's situation is.

She stands on the plank her hand tied behind her back. All the while a sword to her back. Her dagger had been lost in the previous scuffle. She turns back to glare at Bryce who holds the sword. Captain Octavian stands behind him cockily.

Below her is a chasm. Before she could see all the sand beneath the clear blue water but now all she can see is the pitch black darkness.

"They call it Tartarus," Octavian informs her. "Rumor is that you won't drown. But rather you be pulled down to experience whatever is there. Be sure to tell us what you find."

"I'll be sure to tell you when I come to laugh at you in the Fields of Punishment," Annabeth snaps back.

Octavian's eyes narrow. "You have some bold words for a girl walking the plank."

No one notices as the rope around the Lost Boys loosen.

"I don't stab stuffed animals to find out what I already know," Annabeth mutters to herself.

"Now walk!" Octavian shouts.

"You first!" His own voice shouts back at him. Octavian looks around for the source of the sound and sees a figure at the top of a tallest mast.

"Pan!" He roars unsheathing his sword. "I'm going to kill you!"

Percy comes into view a smile on his face but his eyes hard. "To die would be an awfully good adventure."

He flies down a bit and points his sword at Octavian. "I won't be going easy on you this time," Percy promises. "You killed my friend."

The Lost Boys pull themselves free from the rope and pull gags out of their mouths.

"What!?" They shout.

"Rachel's dead because of him," Percy says. "And he's harmed all of you. And no one hurts my friends." He flies across the ship and kicks over the treasure chest where the Lost Boys weapons had been stored.

A pirate rushes for him but Percy knocks them out in seconds. The Lost Boys charge and Percy heads back for Octavian and begins to duel with him. The two go back and forth but is clear Percy is winning. But he smiles enjoying himself as he toys with the Captain.

Meanwhile Bryce hadn't forgotten his orders. He advances on Annabeth who has no choice but to take a step back. Bruce advances more and Annabeth takes another step back closer to the edge. She glances behind her to where Percy is still locked in a fight with the Captain. She takes another step back and feels the end of the board underneath her.