I'll Always Love You...

Another one....
-Jaz

~~~~
I'll Always Love You....

Before he turned the Kronos, Luke Castellan was especially protective over the large pine on Half-Blood Hill. The tree had once been his best friend and the girl he was sure he loved. He never got to tell her that in person though. She had given her life to save him, Annabeth and Grover.

But she also saved all the other demigods. Her tree becoming a boundary line. She protects them all and Luke liked to protect the tree. Because it's not just a pine tree. It's Thalia Grace.

He would go and lean against the tree now and then to talk. He'd say whatever was on his mind. He told her everything. Sometimes he would tell her that he loved her. He wasn't sure if she could hear him or not, but either way it made him feel better.

~~~~

One morning Luke had risen early and planned to go talk to Thalia as he did many days. As he neared the tree he could hear voices. Who else was up?

"I don't get what's so important about a stupid tree," one voice states. Luke can tell it's a boy.

"Don't kick it Andy!" A girl's voice shouts. Luke frowns and walks a bit faster. When he comes in view of the tree he sees two campers. A boy and a girl as he suspected. The boy stands at the large pine tree occasionally whacking it with a large stick.

"Come on, Emily," the boy groans. "Why do you care about a tree. What's a nymph gonna do to me?" The girl Emily looks around her nervously and her eyes land on Luke.

"Andrew Johnson! We are leaving now!" She hisses trying to pull the boy away. The boy shakes her off and whacks the tree with the stick again.

"Why?" The boy demands. He raises the stick once more and Luke snaps.

"Put the stick down," he growls. The boy- Andy turns to face Luke. A cocky look plastered on it. The girl Emily gives a squeak and tries to pull the boy away but he shakes her off.

"Why should I?"

"Cause If you hit her again-"

"Her? The trees a-"

This time Luke cuts the boy off. His fist connects with the other boys face. He wrenches the stick from Andy's grasp.

"Go. Now," Luke growls. Emily squeaks and grabs the bleeding boy and drags him away.

Luke leans up against the pine tree.

"You okay Thals?" He whispers. "I'll never let anyone hurt you. I promise. Because, even if you can't return it... I'll always love you..."

~~~~

It's strange how a couple years can make such a huge difference. Luke stood at Thalia's tree the poison in his hand. A few tears leaked from his eyes.

"I'm sorry Thals. It's the only way," Luke whispered miserably. "I remember that day I pulled that stupid kid off you after he hit you with a branch... It feels like yesterday."

Luke knelt ready to do the evil deed. He gave a small wince as he began to inject the poison. "I told you I would never let anyone hurt you. That's why I had to do this myself. I probably won't see you again... I'll always love you..."

~~~~

Thalia Grace woke up from another dream or, rather nightmare. She shook her head before laying back down. It was one she had frequently. No matter how many times she had wished it would stop coming back to her over the years it did. Year after year. Decade after decade. Not matter how old she got the same dream plagued her.

Now she's 643 years old and she could still wake up crying from the same nightmare.

Everything was dark she couldn't see a thing. But she could hear voices. They were muffled. But one voice was always clear.

She could tell it was Luke Castellan.

But that none of that was why she would cry. One thing was always said. He always said the exact same thing.

"I'll always love you..."

----
Hope you liked it or cried!

Eh, Same thing.

-Jaz