I Will Always Be There For You

I know ages in this are messed up but just go with it. It's a cute thing. Just enjoy it.

Thanks to @Deaths_BFF for this idea!

~~~~

I Will Always Be There For You

Will Solace had a busy life before. Being an EMT was like that. Rushing around constantly while trying to keep a cool head.

He liked his job. Helping people was always something he had enjoyed. But he did like alone time. Or time in general. He felt as if he barely anytime to breathe.

No time for himself or for significant others. But someway, somehow, he always found time for the little boy. He would always be there for him, no matter what.

~~~~

"Breathe damnit!"

Will did his best not to show any emotion as he drove. He silently wished Michael would quiet down out of respect for the kid.

Will glanced at the kid out of the corner of his eye. The small olive skinned boy was turned almost alway the around in his seat to look at his sister in the back. He had a few cuts and he held his arm where it was broken but, he didn't seem to care. He only cared about his sister.

He hadn't said a word since he told them their names -Nico and his sister Bianca- and by now he had run out of tears.

Will glances behind him. Michael was doing his best. His teeth were gritted and Will could tell by the look on his face he was desperate.

"S-s-she c-c-can't die..."

Will glanced back to the kid. "We'll do everything we can," he told him. "And we're headed to the best hospital."

The small boy was quiet for a moment. "She shouldn't have pushed me. She should've let me get hit by that car..."

"You're her brother. Of course she would've have protected you. Michael- the guy helping your sister- He's my brother and I will always try to protect him. And I know he'd do the same for me."

"That's debatable!" Michael called from the back.

Will rolled his eyes. He was about to switch the siren again when he looked at Nico. "Wanna hit the siren?"

Nico was hesitant but nodded and Will showed which button press.

~~~~

"Please... Don't leave."

The words were accompanied by a tug on his shirt.

Will had stood and watched as doctors came rushing out taking over for him and Michael. Michael was still talking with others explaining rapidly.

Will looked down to Nico and nodded. He lead the boy off so they could fix his arm.

~~~~

"Nico," Will said softly. "This woman is from social services. She is going to bring you to a place where you can stay until we can get a hold of your dad."

"But- I want to stay with you," Nico said. For the past two days he did his best to cling to Will and Will didn't mind one bit.

Will bent down and looked in the big dark eyes. Without thinking he ruffled the boys hair. "I'll see you soon."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

~~~~

"Will!"

Will smiled as Nico latched on to his legs hugging them tight. Will did his best not to frown at he boy's size. Nico had gotten skinner his aviator jacket hung off him more loosely than it had before. He never took it off, the last gift his sister had given him.

"Hey," Will smiled bending down.

"Is it true? Can I really go with you?" Nico asked his big dark eyes wide with hope.

Will smiled. "Only if you want to."

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

~~~~

Will was jolted awake at the sound of footsteps. He blinked as sat up turning on the light. He was shocked yet relieved by the sight of Nico standing in his black pajamas and ever present jacket in his room.

"Hey Nico," Will said sitting up rubbing his eyes. "Everything okay?"

"I had a nightmare," Nico said quietly.

Will nodded. "Here, wanna stay with me?"

Nico didn't move at first but then he slowly stepped forward. Will scooted over and Nico climbed in next to him.

"Do you want to tell me what was in the nightmare?" Will asked the small boy.

"My mama," Nico said quietly. "My mama and Bia... I miss them..."

"I know. I kn-"

"No you don't!" Nico said suddenly tears in his eyes.

Will paused. "I had another brother. Not Michael. His name was Lee. We were really close and he always looked out for me but one day something happened and he's gone now. I miss him- I miss him a lot but I know, as cheesy as it sounds he's always here. I haven't forgotten him. Just like you won't forget your mom or Bianca. Because if you forget them, who will remember them?"

The little boy stared at him making sense of his words. Finally he spoke. "You won't go will you? Like Bia or your brother?" Nico asked him.

Will shook his head. "Not if I can help it."

"Promise?"

Will nodded and Nico believed him getting comfortable and Will pulled Nico into a hug kissing the top of his head. "I promise. I will always be there for you."