My blood

×°^°×

My day was going just as planned. No overthinking, no drama, and no annoying people bothering me. Whether it was talking or shoving none of that happened today and I wasn't going to loose my good vibes streak today.

Soon enough evening fell, a text message from someone I haven't spoken to in a while, Brendon.

Yes, Brendon, my ex of 6 years ago has finally decided to text me.

What a shocker

My finger hovered over the notification, hesitating to open it I received another message. The message coming from my best friend, Danielle.

Now that one I didn't hesitate on opening. I tapped it immediately and came face to face with life changing news. I didn't know how to take it, and I didn't want to take it.

I slowly typed out my response, "what happened?"

Bsf💕🙊: Brendon got into a serious car crash. The doctors don't know if he's going to make  it or not

He was my ex, I hated the guy but this was serious. I didn't know how to respond, everything I wanted to say didn't come from my mouth or my typing fingers.

The hole in my chest grew deeper into a deep dark abyss, the feeling of an anchor sinking down my body made it hard for me to breathe. Although my body is half water, I still felt no tears slipping from my e/c eyes. I guess I had no tears left to cry.

Opening up his message it wasn't him but his friend. Messaging everyone in his contacts to spread the news, I suppose but I didn't even know who it was.

My body filled with jealousy, wondering if this "friend" was more than just a friend. I wasn't going to sit around waiting to find out, besides, I was worried for his health.

Me: I'm sorry, I hope he gets better.

(123)456-7890: I do too. He was on his way to buy some drinks while I was on the phone with him. I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen. He just had to have his drink.

Me: why did he want to drink? Why didn't you go with him?

(123)456-7890: he was talking about this one girl he used to love. How deeply madly he truly was in love with her. She wouldn't talk to him or give him another chance. I didn't go because I was busy taking care of my son.

So they have a son?

Me: You guys have a kid together?

(123)456-7890: no, oh no. I used to date him but he wouldn't even come close to sleeping with me. He said intimacy was hard for him ever since his ex girlfriend dumped him.

Yes, I know, that ex girlfriend was me..so now she's the ex?

The night went on like this. Messaging back and forth. I somewhat felt guilty for what had happened. I felt that it had been my fault, my fault that he went to go get that drink.

Sleep tried to consume me but it wasn't that easy. I laid in bed thinking all night. I left the messages untouched as I became overwhelmed.

The darker the room fell, the easier it was for my eyes to close.
Fluttering, my eyes came in contact with light from the outside. Although it wasn't as bright if my curtains were open it still stung. It stung even more when I realized I had cried in my sleep.

Wiping my tears away with my thumb, I had picked my phone up from the nightstand.

One new group chat, and 50 unread messages coming from Brendon's number and coming from my best friend.

I sighed in relief, knowing he was alright.

Who else would make a group chat?

Opening the group chat first, I scrolled all the way to the top to begin.

My ears started to rattle, my heart shattering at the sudden news. Reading the message over and over my heart broke into tinier pieces.

Leaving the group chat to open my best friends, she had asked me to come over.

I should've opened hers first. She knew I shouldn't be alone when hearing this news.

Me: please, please come over. I don't want to be alone today.

Bsf💕🙊: Of course, im on my way. Don't move

She came over, she sat by me where she stood as my shoulder to cry on.

"It's okay, I know you loved him" she whispered in my ear.

"I still do.." I choked back, gripping onto her shoulder.

What was I even saying?

"You do? Why didn't you say anything before?"

"No matter what had happened or what happens or who I'll be with. He is still a part of me. As if he was in my blood. He's in my heart, he's in my head, he's in my tears"

Eventually our standing position lead to her sitting on the couch with my head on her thighs and her stroking my hair while humming a soft tune.

My tears and my heavy breathing slowed down. The sound of her humming relaxed me. The water from my body was being drained and it has finally come to its end.

Shutting my eyes, the water formed a nice cool pool around my lashes where I could feel the water slide as I moved my eyes.

In my dreams I heard his voice, I saw his silhouette, I saw him.

I started to feel the tears start to form, that same old feeling in my throat where I felt as if I was being choked.

"Y/n, Why didn't you tell me?" He soothed.

"I-I wa-anted too.." I choked.

"y/n?" I heard faintly.

It was more clear now that I've been shook by Danielle.

"hmm?" I mumbled.

"You started to cry and talking in your sleep. What happened?"

"I-i just.." My words were then taken away from my mouth.

His shadowy ghost appearance stood behind Danielle in the  kitchen.

She turned to where I was looking and looked back at me.

"What? What did you see?"

"I'll be here with you, as long as you want me to. I love you"

"B-b.."

×°^°×

Do you guys want a q&a about anything? If so just comment your question.