Housewife.

...

"Have you ever wanted to see how it would feel to do whatever you please?"

"What?"

"Do whatever you want with no strings attached?"

She tilted her head, furrowing her brows.

"Do you understand?"

"No, I don't know what you mean"

"I want to go out and do my own thing. I want to feel as if nothing was pulling me back by my shirt. I want to be able to do what I want without anybody's permission but, I'm scared to ask him.."

"Don't be stupid" Mary scoffed.

"Don't call me stupid"

"You know your place. Your place is in the kitchen. You're not special. As women in a society controlled by men we have to stay In our place. Its not our place to ask anyways"

"I know.. But we can do something about it" I held her hand in mine, "I know you're scared, I'm scared too. We can fight and win"

She pulled her hand away immediately, "No, we can't. Just leave if you're just going to speak bullshit"

I stood up, pushing my chair in.

"Well, Mary. When I get to do whatever I want, you'll be the one who is stupid. Have a nice day"

I took my coat from the hanger, hanging it over my arm. I slammed the door shut, walking back home.

I opened the door and was greeted by my husband who helped me take my coat off.

"Thank you dear"

And unlike other husbands, mine was different. He was grateful, loving and the most down to Earth person you could ever meet.

"Should I get you a cup of tea? Maybe some crackers?"

"No thank you, dinner will be done in an hour so if you're hungry. Which you always are" I teased, smiling.

"Actually, how about we go out and eat something?"

"You're serious?"

He nodded, holding me from behind.

"Of course I do" he whispered in my ear, leaving a small kiss to my neck.

.....

"And what might you like?"

"I'd like the steak, medium. The fiesta salad on the side, hold the tomato's and a glass of water. Please and thank you"

"Yes mam, and for you sir?" she turned to face him, flipping her long blonde curls to the side.

I eyed her, as Brendon ordered.

"Okay, I'll be back with your food"

She walked away, heels tapping the wood floor.

"Nice evening isn't it? I'm glad work let me out early. we haven't had dinner like this since two months ago"

"Agreed. Its nice to see your angel like face in front of me once again. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have you, love"

"Oh, stop" he blushed, "I'm the lucky one here, you're amazing. Amazing in cooking, amazing in personality, and amazing in be-"

"Ahm.. Your food" she passed out our plates and gave us our drinks, walking away.

"Well thank you" we laughed, beginning to eat.

"Remember the first time we met?"

"Yes, I shall never forget" I chuckled.

"You flashed everyone with that tiny skirt you were wearing. How badly did I want to rip it off of you"

"Oh, so you only dated me because I flashed you?" I joked, raising a brow.

"Please" he smirked, "that was just a bonus"

We continued the evening talking but I was waiting for the moment to finally ask him.

Every moment felt right though I didn't know how to start it off.

"Hey Brendon, honey?"

"Yes, darling?" He looked up at me, chewing.

"I've been wanting to speak to you about something.."

"Do you want a child or something?" he swallowed, eyes widening.

"Oh, no no no. Not yet at least" I laughed.

"Okay then what is it?"

"Well.."

Here goes nothing..

" I want to have more freedom than I already do. I want to be able to do things without your permission. I want to leave the house when you aren't home."

"wow, you're going to have your wife talk to you like that?" A man chimed in, shaking his head.

The waitress left the bill on the table, along with her number written on the napkin.

"If you were with me, I wouldn't speak to you like that, love" she walked away, winking.

I closed my eyes seeing how high my temper was rising. I held my breath, counting to ten.

He was at lost of words, he payed the bill and held my hand walking out with me. He'd swing our arms once In a while in this silent walk that was slowly tearing me apart.

Why wasn't he speaking? Why didn't he defend me?

In that moment I didn't know if I had the those rights. I didn't know if he was the man I thought him out to be.

....
What are the ones you want me to update a part two on? Lemme know.