Prom.

×|

"Laura, I told you that I was going to be wearing the yellow dress" Adelaine complained over the phone, rolling her eyes every few seconds.

I put my hand over my mouth, giggling. I didn't have anyone to go with, so I'm going with my friends. Maybe I could dance with some guy on the floor, I don't know. Just if I get lucky.

"yeah, y/n is already going to wear blue.... No, baby blue is still a blue"she groaned, pacing around the room.

"headass" she hung up, looking at me with her arms crossed.

"what happened?"

"Laura is choosing her dress and she nearly got our colors. She should get red, red looks good on her"

"why didn't you tell her that?"

"she'll figure it out" she laughed, holding her hand out.

I take her hand, getting up. "You should get going, we have to attend hell tomorrow morning" I say, frowning.

"okay, but tomorrow we need to find you a man" she smirked, walking to the door.

"I'm okay on my own" I smiled, "besides I have you and Laura"

"right, but we have our dates"

"yeah, good way to shove it in my face" I joked, rolling my eyes.

×|×|×|×|×|

"Seniors to the auditorium, seniors to the auditorium" Ms.McLain announced through the intercom.

Laura and I and the rest of the class stood up and headed to the auditorium. We stood by the library, waiting for Adelaine.

She walked to us with a big smile on her face.

She's always a happy Ray of sunshine

"lets go" I said, locking my arms with the both of them.

We chatted until we sat down. Everything got quiet when Ms.McLain spoke up.

"Hello senior class of 2018"

All of the seniors shouted, clapped their hands, and whistled.

"Okay, okay, settle down" she laughed, using her hands to lower the noise down. "Prom, everyone's going. This year's theme is Las Vegas!" she grinned, her eyes turning into raisins.

"yay" I said sarcastically, looking at Adelaine.

"tickets would be 45 dollars per person" she started, "prices will go up once the date comes closer, that's if they don't run out" she winked.

"May 20th is when it will happen and only 350 tickets will be sold. Get yours while it's still here. You can bring anyone from anywhere from 15 through 18. A person the with age of 19 and up will not be allowed to enter or 14 and lower"

Maybe he can come..

"You should ask your friend from California to come attend prom" Adelaine whispered.

Did she read my mind?

"I don't think Brendon would come all this way just to attend prom with me" I mumbled, frowning.

"You never know if you don't try"Laura chimed in, inching closer to me.

"Okay, back you can go"

The back rows stood up and left slowly. Due to the fact that the stupid seniors don't know there is double doors but choose to leave through one door.