Rotations.

"Okay class just read pages 1-6 in the textbook. We have 25 minutes" I lift my arm up and squint my eyes focusing on the little numbers on my silver watch.

Its my second year of teaching English. Freshman are pretty tough at times but I could handle it.

"Alexa you should be reading not talking" I look towards the light brown haired girl sitting in the back.

I make my way towards my desk to plop right down on my big comfy chair. I run a hand through one of my strands while I check my emails.

"Attention please. In a minute we are about to do a tornado drill. Don't get into position until I give the word"

"Okay put the textbooks up. I guess we will have to continue reading tomorrow. Talk quietly among yourselfs but until the announcements starts quiet" I turn my head towards the window and notice how dark the sky was.

"The clouds weren't that dark" I shift in my seat in a more comfortable position and start planning tomorrow's activities.

"Okay, let the drill Begin"

I stand, making all the murmurs settle down. "Everyone line up"
All the students line up, I open the door and they walk to the right.

"Okay you know what to do"

They all immediately drop to their knees making all their weight go forward as they have their hands behind their head.

"Good job guys keep it up" I pace around my students.

After everyone is in the non window hallway. The announcements came on telling everyone to go back to class but once I get to the door the real tornado siren goes off.

Every girl in my class starts screaming but I quiet them down by the phrase "everything is going to be okay" it so happens to work. I get my kids to get in position.

"Its all going to be Ok but we will keep you up to date with the weather right now. Stay in position do not go back to class. I repeat don't go back to class"

I sigh heavily biting my lip anxiously.

 "Are you okay Mrs. Urie?" Sadie the green eyed student asks.

"Y-yeah" I Sutter. Brendon is at work he probably already picked Tyler up.

"Get down Sadie, don't move from that position" I smile slightly.

She nods and do as told. I pull my phone out shooting Brendon a text.

-Text-
Me: Hey did you pick Tyler up?

♥My_Emperor♥: Uhm..no I'm still at work y/n. Why?

Me: the weather is getting bad.

♥My_Emperor♥: Well I can't right now I'm at work.

Me: I can't get out of work but you can. You need to get him out of school before a tornado passes by.

♥My_Emperor♥: okay, I'll see what I can do. I love you.

Me: I love you too.
-end of texts-

Just then the tornado alarm goes of again.

"Attention students and staff remain calm. The radar read that it'll be hitting us pretty soon. Whatever you do keep calm and stay down"

"You guys are going to fine okay?" I say softly, Giving them some reassurance.

Tyler my five year old son is at a school not so far from here. I hope he and Brendon are okay.

My phone starts ringing during the third siren.

"Hello?"

"Y/n, I got Tyler and we are heading straight home"

"Brendon be careful babe. The rotation is extremely close"

"We are fi-"

"Brendon?" I say whisper shouting. Hearing heavy pouring rain on the other end following up with hail.

"Oh shit" he yells.

"What happened?" I furrow my brows waiting for him to continue.

"Y/n Tyler is fine..I'll just have to call someone to get us because I can't see anything and I just hit something. Not sure what it is though" he groans.

"Okay ju-" and with that the connection cuts off.

"Everything is going to be fine" I thought. I wipe my hands on my pencil skirt since they were sweaty from nervousness.

"Can we get up now?"

"Not yet Tyler"

"I'm not Tyler. I'm Jack.." He chuckles.

"Sorry" I smile.

The rain starts beating down on the building so hard I thought that the roof might sink in. As I pace at the end of one student to another I hear a train like sound coming near us.

"Its going to be fine" I say patting each one of their backs unsure with my answer.

When I turn to my right In the corner of my eye as I'm about to look at the rectangle shaped window on my door I see the tornado.

I close my eyes and pray. The building starts shaking, howling winds audible, and the sound of pouring rain hits down on the roof along with some big hail.

I pray harder and harder.
"Please let Brendon and Tyler be okay..please god" I whisper.

When I look up the winds, rain, and the shaking has calmed down.

"Okay everyone it has passed us but take caution, you may all go back too class"

I sigh in relief. Can this be a miracle of god? I smile slightly and open the door for my students.

"Okay everyone get up and get in class"

All my students get up and head into the classroom. My eyes widen at the horrible sight. My class room was a mess!

"What the-" I cover my mouth as tears well up in my eyes.

"M-mrs Urie?" Jazel asks softly.

I drop to my knees and cry my heart out. I sob until I can't anymore.

"Mrs.Urie are you okay?" Josh asks shyly.

"Oh god" I cry into every word, I inhale and exhale sharply "please go to Ms.Jackson, she is next door" I pant as I try to Inhale more oxygen.

"O-okay" they all said and did as told. They shut the door quietly and went to the teacher next door.

"Wh-hy me?" I wipe my tears with the back of my hand. I get off my knees and walk towards the car that's almost through my window.

My eyes water again when I reach the car. I place my head down on the trunk. My fist bawl up and I slam my fist down at the trunk. Over and over again, my knuckles start to bleed but I don't feel anything. That feeling is nothing compared to what I have lost.
Nothing hurts more than seeing my son halfway through the front window and my husband resting his head on the Steering wheel.