Good chemistry

When Kyoko and Yuka returned laughing to the set 30 minutes later Kanae smiled as she watched the two girls so happy. She was glad they seemed to have sorted out their differences. Her phone rang in her pocket and she pulled it out reading the caller ID and smiled. The call she had been waiting for.

"Hello Yuki, how's your day going?" she asked quietly as she smiled into the phone.

"Hello Kanae, my day is going OK. How is your first day shooting with Kyoko-chan going?"

Kanae smiled even broader as she thought about Kyoko's acting.

"Well I think it's going to be interesting. She really is an amazing actress even if she does kiss me on set in front of all the cast and crew." Kanae waited she wanted a reaction and she got one.

"SHE WHAT!" Yashiro's cry came through loud. Luckily anticipating it Kanae had moved the phone away from her ear, as she almost giggled to herself.

"Well maybe it would be better to say Natsu kissed Emiko. The first scene was our first meeting and Emiko is trying to intimidate Natsu. But it didn't seem to go as planned with Natsu twisting it around... I can't explain it really. I've already tried with Chiori and the other girls, but I just feel I've got to act against her.. I've got to reach her level." Yashiro listened quietly after shushing Kuon's questioning remarks at his sudden outburst.

"I suppose she just shows me why I love acting so much. She gives it her everything and I want to do that too." Yashiro smiled. He could hear the fire and determination in his girlfriend's voice. She was really enjoying herself and even though she had not said it in so many words before now he had known all along she was excited to be working with Kyoko again.

"It was the same for all the actors and actresses on Dark Moon. She completely captivated them with her Mio. Even Kuon told me that. He said Kyoko made him feel even though he felt he had been trying his best before that he was completely way off. He wanted to show just as much enthusiasm as she did."

Kanae nodded her head. Even though Yashiro wasn't himself an actor, she loved the way she could talk to him about her acting and the way he was even able to offer advice and criticism. The fact that he had been around this business and seen the good, the bad and the ugly helped. He had been managing Japan's number one actor for three years now and he understood the industry as good as any.

"Was the kiss scripted?" Kanae had known it would come back to this eventually and she couldn't help but laugh.

"No, not at all. Not many of the scenes with Natsu are. According to Chiori they found it just works better giving Natsu free reign." She could hear Kuon questioning Yashiro again. Of course he would wonder what was going on with her being here with Kyoko and all. It always seemed to have something to do with Kyoko. A tap on her shoulder from Shoko who had joined them at the set was all she needed to know it was time to be back on set.

"I'm sorry Yuki I've got to go. We're needed back on set. I'll speak to you later." she had just heard his quick good bye as she shut her phone and smiled at Shoko who smiled back.

"You didn't just do what I think you did, did you?" the wicked gleam in Shoko's eyes and the way she looked as if she was about to laugh were all Kanae knew just what she had done.

"Well we have to keep them on their toes do we not?" she smiled and this time Shoko really did laugh.

"I wonder how lover boy will take it?" Kanae knew she was talking about Ren in that moment as she smiled to herself knowing the conversation that would be occurring between her boyfriend and his best friend in that moment.

"I wonder." Kanae murmured as she looked over at the girl awaiting her on the set. The scene had been changed to a classroom. "Show me just how bad you are Natsu," Emiko growled as she stepped on to her stage.