His Promise.

Ren woke her gently as they approached the shining lights ahead.

"I'm sorry my sweet, but we're here." she nodded her thanks as she stretched out a little in the limo.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep." she said blinking whilst trying not to rub her eyes. Juliena had chosen her outfit and done her make up so she didn't want to ruin it. Looking down at the beautiful dress and jewelery she couldn't help but smile remembering Ren's face as she had entered the hotel room he and his father had been impatiently waiting in.

(Flash back)

Her dress rustled as she stood outside the door shaking slightly,

"You look amazing Kyoko. Don't worry so much OK." Juliena said as she stood beside her adoptive daughter.

She wore a long, white flowing dress made of fine silk held on the shoulders by thin white straps. It clung to her figure in beautiful waves, but the amazing part of this dress was the detail. The bodice looked almost black and white striped with black bars above and below made with lace. When you actually got closer and looked at the dress, the vertical stripes became clear. This was not an ordinary design, this was a forest scene. The more she looked at the beautiful scene on the dress, the more she saw. In black and white brilliance there were rabbits on the forest floor as well as intricate birds resting in the branches of the tall trees who became the leafy lace showing the pure white skin behind it.

It was a magical scene, yet Kyoko's favourite part was the netting. It covered the lower half of the dress and rippled and flowed independently of the lower dress. Attached at the waist which made up the forest floor were a swirling colony of butterflies. They seemed to spin and flutter in the air every time Juliena moved, never truly coming to rest even as she stood perfectly still. The slight gentle movement of the butterflies wings could still be seen. It took Kyoko's breath away. Juliena nodded to the two maids that had helped them change as they slowly pushed open the double doors.

"How long does it take them to change?" asked Ren for the 4th time pacing the sitting area of the hotel.

Kuu sat calmly sipping a glass of brandy as he watched his son's antics. "You really need to learn to relax Kuon, they will be ready when they are ready stop fussing." Kuu said as he pointed to the brandy set out on the table before him.

"Fancy a tipple while we wait?" he asked hoping it would calm his son's nerves. Ren just shook his head before collapsing onto the sofa opposite his father. With the sound of the door handle turning, he was back on his feet in an instant looking towards the door. As the polished wood was pushed open his heart stopped and the only sound to leave his mouth was a whispered,

"Wow."

Kyoko slowly stepped forwards into the bright room with Juliena holding lightly onto her arm. Ren's eyes were on stalks as he watched Kyoko approach slowly. The royal and regal taffeta style ballgown his mother had chosen for this occasion was fit for a princess. The teal, flowing skirt seemed like shimmering waves that crashed around Kyoko. As he followed the waves up, the silk and lace covered bodice decorated with hundreds of tiny crystals and diamonds sparkled magically against the silver stitching, forming a beautiful diamond pattern. It was a corset style bodice requiring no straps. Kuu whistled and Juliena encouraged Kyoko to turn so they could get the full effect. He saw the back of the dress criss-crossed with a one inch thick lace of the same material before ending at the waistline as a bow with the tails falling elegantly.

Ren just stood there dazed, marvelling at the beauty before him. He glanced at the parts of her shoulders and chest that were uncovered. Being simply tied into the dress it hugged her curvaceous body like a second skin. He could feel the heat in his body rising just by looking at her. It took him a few moments to realise his mother was talking to him.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?" he asked not taking his eyes away from the blushing beauty before him. Kyoko was refusing to look up even though he was desperate to see her face.

"I said don't you have anything to say?" Juliena repeated quite exasperated at her son looking purposefully at Kyoko as she did so.

"I'm sorry Kyoko I didn't mean to stare, but the moment you stepped through that door you stole my breath away. You look stunning" he said honestly as she finally looked up at him. The make-up was very natural and not too much. The slight blusher on her cheeks now doubled as she was blushing for real. It highlighted her delicate cheekbones. A touch of eyeshadow a shade lighter than her dress flashed above her golden eyes, the mascara on her eyelashes framed them perfectly. Rose lip gloss completed her outfit.

"Do you really think it looks OK?" she asked again looking down as her blush reached her neck and ears now. He looked at her steadily as he seemed to ponder something.

"Hmm don't you think there is something missing Dad?" he asked turning away from her for a moment to look at his father. Kuu looked critically at Kyoko who at Ren's words was looking up terrified.

"Hmm I think you're right son, but what could it be?" he asked with the same contemplating look as Ren.

"I know!" Ren said as he snapped his fingers decisively.

As he walked over to the sofa, bending to retrieve something out of Kyoko's view she waited, her body shaking, a bit worried she had done something wrong. Ren stood straight again and approached her slowly holding out a leather case wrapped with a red ribbon. He held it out as he stood before her.

"Go ahead open it." he encouraged as slowly looking into his deep brown eyes she undid the bow. As the bow untied the expensive silk ribbon fell away and the leather case looked almost like a wardrobe with 2 doors opening out from the central point. Her hands shook as she pulled open the 2 small pearls that looked like door handles on the box.

Inside was the most beautiful piece of jewelery she had ever seen. Hundreds of tiny diamonds and sapphires sparkled in an elegant necklace. It looked like tiny flowers laced together intricately and had a beautiful set of earrings and bracelet to match the necklace. Just below these a small ring which looked like... Kyoko gasped as she looked down at the fairy in intricate detail holding a single blue sapphire. Instantly she understood the meaning behind this fairy holding that single stone.

"It's beautiful Corn." The smile she gave her and the pronunciation of his name let Ren know she had seen her childhood fairytale in the jewelery. No matter what the cost that moment, the look on her face made everything worth it.

"Now let's check that it all fits." he said never doubting it would as his mom had gotten the measurements for him easily when chatting with Kyoko about fashion and clothes. Kuu held the box as Ren slowly pulled the necklace from it. Kyoko turned so he would be able to do the hook at the back for her with ease. Next he slipped on the bracelet for her before he watched her put in the earrings with shaking hands.

Walking back over to him Ren slowly lifted the ring slowly from the box and took Kyoko's hand in his own. "Kyoko I love you and always have. I am not going to ask for your hand in marriage with this ring as I want to make the moment I do the most magical moment of your life. But this ring is a promise to you that one day when we are both ready I will ask you to marry me. I just hope you will be OK waiting a little longer." Ren said all this as he slowly slipped the ring onto her finger never looking anywhere but at those golden eyes he loved so much.

"I will wait Ren. For as long as you need I will wait for you." he slowly bent forwards and kissed her lips as Juliena and Kuu clapped and cheered.

(End flash back)

Kyoko looked down at the tiny fairy ring and smiled as Ren took her hand lightly in his own.

Kuu and Juliena watched the look that passed between the two young stars as Kyoko rested her head on Ren's chest and he kissed her hair lightly. They looked at each other grinning as a knowing look of their own passed between them.

Those two truly are meant to be.

As the limo pulled up to the red carpet lined steps Ren smiled at them all.

"We better not keep them waiting any longer for the guest of honour or they will thinking we are not coming." he chuckled as he exited the vehicle.

Bowing low to Kyoko he offered her his hand to assist her out saying,

"Come princess. Your party awaits."