Never again

He had just finished cleaning his teeth when her scream from the living room brought Yashiro running to Kanae's side.

"What's wrong dear?" he cried as he grabbed the now choking woman and patted her firmly as she coughed and pointed at the TV screen just as the new reporters replayed the image of Kyoko stepping off the roof only to be pulled backwards by Sho.

"I'm going to bloody kill her!" she shouted as she managed to clear the cereal from her throat.

"She is going to be deader than a dodo when I get my hands on that stupid cow! What the hell was she thinking?" Yashiro had gone white and just sat on to the sofa pulling Kanae down beside him. He swallowed his heart which seemed to have jumped into his mouth.

"I think you will have to wait in line my love or simply hope Kuon doesn't get there first." And at that moment as Yashiro held Kanae tightly his words were becoming reality.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

They had been told not to allow anyone onto the rooftop without clearance but no one tried to stop the tall dark-haired man with raging eyes who had just run up the stairwell of 25 floors as if it was nothing more than a hop, skip and jump. He stormed onto the rooftop and without hesitation straight over to the girl. She was wrapped in a blanket standing and talking to her manager. Grabbing her shoulders he shook her like a dog shaking a naughty puppy his eyes blazing,

"DON'T YOU EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO ME AGAIN!" he was shouting at her one moment. The next she was wrapped securely in his arms as she felt hot tears dripping onto her neck and shoulders.

"Ren?" she tried to pull away a little but he held her firmly.

"If you ever do anything so stupid again I will never forgive you." His words were choked and brittle as he held her even tighter but suddenly a jingling noise and cold metal touched his stomach as his shirt rode up a little.

She pushed him again and this time she was able to make the smallest bit of room between them both. "Ren I was perfectly safe even if I had fallen," she replied as she pulled the climbing harness she wore below her jacket. Then in a swooping motion she showed him the length of climbing rope that was still attached to a thick metal pole that appeared to be embedded in the building itself.

"Do you honestly think I would've even let her sit on that blasted wall if she wasn't protected? What kind of manager do you take me for you clot?" Shoko smacked Ren around the back of the head lightly as she too wore a climbing harness with rope attached. A light chuckle behind them made them turn as Lory stood there watching the scene before him.

"I don't think any amount of knowing could've stopped my heart leaping at the sight Shoko-san. Even if she was protected that was I think one of the times in my life I can honestly say my heart stopped for a moment." He was smiling but his face turned serious. "Don't do that again Kyoko. I don't think all this drama is doing my old heart any good at all."

She lowered her head. "I'm sorry President but it did get the desired result at the end of the day," she said slowly as Lory looked over at the young man wrapped in blankets talking to the negotiator and two police officers.

"Oh well I better get things sorted there too," he said as he strode away to join the small group.

Yet again Kyoko was dragged into Ren's arms. As he held her tightly she held him back feeling his body shaking. She knew it wasn't cold but pure fear that had driven him. He was now on the verge of collapse his body had been pushed to its limit to get to her.