The Wall Between Us.

Kyoko had almost given up on sleep but when a gentle hand shook her lightly awake she realised slowly that she must have slept. She sat up in the bed shocked.

"Nii-san, I'm so sorry! I've overslept haven't I? Give me a few minutes and I'll get your breakfast ready for you." swinging her legs off the bed Ren looked down at her.

"Its OK Setsu you must have been tired. Relax, you have nothing to worry about." he held up a large brown paper bag which instantly wafted the smell of fried eggs, hamburger and coffee. She still looked half asleep as she looked up into his eyes with an expression like the small girl he remembered in his memories of her.

"You got us breakfast?" his resolve failed as he dropped the bag onto the bed and embarrassed her, pulling her small body into his own he held her tightly, almost desperately. In that instant Kyoko fully roused from her sleep.

What, what's going on?

Timidly she pulled herself slightly away from his chest so she could speak.

"Nii-san are you OK?" she asked as she tried to look at his face. He pulled her back into his chest where her warm breath seemed to heat up his heart which had been frozen since she had called his name so softly the night before.

"I'm fine Setsu, you just looked so damn cute I couldn't help myself." he reluctantly pushed her away from him so he could see her face. She was blushing slightly but it appeared her Setsuka act was already up.

"You baka. Nii-san." she said as she smiled lightly at him before giving him a swift hug around his neck.

He would have held her there if she hadn't been so fast to turn and jump off the opposite side of the bed. He watched as she grabbed some clothes from the closet, the satin night clothes clung to her every curve as she stretched to unhook her clothes from the rails.

He knew he shouldn't but he couldn't keep his eyes off her as the satin slowly rose from her stomach revealing her navel and her pert nipples being softly caressed by the silken fabric stood out in sharp relief. Like a work of art he thought as she stood again, he wasn't sure when his type had changed but the shapely, large-breasted blonde girl would no longer do it for him. Her scent intoxicated him entirely, her lithe body with its thin waist and pale skin astounded him, he wished to feel every inch of it, to caress and kiss it. Her perky little chest was in his eyes perfect: not too small just the right size. With Setsu's wig the blonde and pink highlighted hair drew your eyes to her smooth shoulders, yet he knew when she was Kyoko her short hairstyle drew your eyes to her sensuous neck. Her golden eyes and that fire that burnt inside them drew you in entirely. Just looking into them you sank to the deepest point of your own heart and there was no release. Her eyes were currently brown to match his own contacts for her role. Still, that insane fire burnt behind them drawing you in.

He loved every little inch of this girl, there was not one part of her that he wasn't in love with. His heart clenched as he remembered again that single tear and his whispered name the night before,

"Ren."

His heart clenched again as it had been doing all night. Truth be told he hadn't gotten up early to go and get her favourite breakfast, he hadn't slept all night. Even in his dreams all he had seen and heard was her calling his name with that single tear falling down her cheek.

I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

He lowered his head into his hand as he stayed rooted to the bed where she had left him.

"Nii-san are you sure you're OK?" looking up he was shocked to see her right before his eyes looking at him clothes in hand.

There was none of yesterday's tears, she just looked worried and concerned. He smiled into those eyes seeking to comfort her not only then but for whatever he had done to make her heart ache. He had already caused her pain too many times and resolved not to do the same for any other part of her life. He slowly caressed her cheek

"I'm fine, Setsu." she looked at him slowly, then placed her hand on top of his on her face.

"OK Nii-san, I'm going to get changed and then I will serve up whatever you have decided will be our breakfast for today." she slowly removed her hand and pulled away from him. He wanted to call out, call her back to him. It almost felt like she was walking away from him not just in body but also in heart. His own heart screamed,

Don't leave me...Don't go Kyoko!

How could her eyes say so much to his heart? How could he feel like this was almost the end for them, that something had made his chances slip away? The bathroom door shut with a decisive

*THUMP*

He stood and grabbed the bag he had dropped to her bed. Placing it on the small kitchen surface, he slowly and silently slid down the wall behind him, head in hands his heart and body cried for what he needed. He needed her.

Kyoko closed the door behind herself when she entered the bathroom. Turning, she slowly slipped silently down the door to the floor. Tucking her head into her knees she hugged herself tightly, tears coursing down her face.

His eyes looked so painful. Almost like they had seen what was in her heart. I'm so sorry Ren I cannot love you, I can't face the hurt of not being loved in return. Not again. If it was you I doubt I could even go on living after your rejection. It's not like I'm even good enough for you. I'm plain and boring and you deserve the best of the best. You could never love me.

She sat there trying to convince her heart as the pain seemed to rip it apart. Nothing could compare to this feeling, not even Sho's betrayal. Her grudges repeated time and time again,

You're not in love, you're not in love.

Then in the confines of her body, a box lay open. Its many locks broken and twisted never to be replaced as they scattered through her consciousness. Inside that box a single whispered word with a small glistening tear drop,

"Ren."