confessions and moving forwards

When Ren woke again he sat up with a start.

Where was she?

"You OK Ren?" She was sitting not far away on the window seat but stood and walked over when she saw him sit up. He swallowed hard as the knot in his chest lessened slightly at the sight of her. He had been so busy with his plans he had forgotten about the reason he was planning in the first place. "I am now I can see you," he said softly. Opening his arms to her she placed the pen and notepad on the bedside table and entered his arms happily. Lying partially on her stomach she rested her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat as she twirled his shirt through her fingers, his hand stroking her hair and back. He started to giggle then let out a full-throated laugh for no reason at all.

"What's so funny?" she enquired as she turned her head looking up at him not wanting to break their contact.

"I've just realised my little sweetheart that our best friends have been doing the dirty behind our back."

She looked at him confused. "They've been doing what?"

He smiled at his still naive, yet mature partner. "I think a better way to put it is they have been seeing each other in the romantic sense." Kyoko's eyes grew wide as she understood what he had just said.

"Yashiro and Kanae are a couple?" she thought about this for a moment then pushing herself up she looked angry yet burst out laughing in the next second. He looked down at her rolling around on the bed.

"Now you're doing it my dear. What's so funny?"

She looked up at him and smiled. "Now that there's time to talk I think it's about time we did." So they talked.

Ren apologised so profusely for not explaining his relationship with Yui better. He still could not go into details about his work but he told her stories of when he was younger. Yui was 4 years older than him and when he was little she had bullied him like crazy and still did in fact. Kyoko spoke about seeing them together and how hurt she had felt. He held her close as she described that night with Sho. How she had seen them at the hotel getting out of his car.

When Ren told her they were there for the project and he was forced to consume 5 courses by Yui and their dinner companions she felt a little sorry for him but didn't say anything.

At least she knows he needs to eat.

"Then I come home to an empty bed. Can you imagine how jealous I was to see you in the arms of Kanae and not me?" he showed her the picture he had taken of the two of them in bed together and she giggled.

"Better not let Kanae know you have that. She will be pissed."

Ren agreed and smiled at her. "But you do look exceptionally cute in that picture so I hardly notice Kanae-san is there at all."

"Mo," she said imitating Kanae and they both laughed.

And so the stories continued. The kissing outside the apartment Ren explained as she was from America that this was a normal greeting or goodbye for her so he never even thought about it. "You've seen what Mom's like." Thinking about it Kyoko did realise Juliena did the same thing to people she knew. "Saying that I bet it's ruined now," Ren said looking a little sad.

"What's ruined?" she asked softly looking into Ren's sad eyes. To her amazement he blushed deep scarlet before mumbling a reply. "I didn't hear that Ren. What did you say?"

He sighed. He wasn't getting away from it so he decided he may as well tell her. "I said that I had invited her over that day to help me bake you a cake." The blush had spread right to his ears and neck. He couldn't look her in the eyes as she stared at him in amazement.

Living For Her. {A Skip Beat! FanFic}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें