Her Party, Their Words.

Yashiro looked on in awe at the stunning beauty before him as she slipped the black coat from around her shoulders. The cascade of raven curls bounced as she handed her coat to the clerk.

"You look beautiful this evening Kanae-san." he said as he slowly looked her over.

The floor length, midnight blue dress was beautiful fitting her exquisitely. The off shoulder one strap design highlighted her shoulders and neck where a silver chain hugged, following it down to just above her chest. A simple moon and star pendant with a set of matching diamond earrings and a bracelet set the outfit off perfectly. She smiled at him as she pulled a midnight blue scarf covered in stars from her bag, but couldn't help but sigh.

"You'll be the belle of the ball in that outfit make no mistake." he could hardly keep his eyes off her walking over as he handed his own jacket to the clerk.

She laughed, playfully smacking him with her silver hand purse. "Mo, don't be silly Yashiro-san. We all know the belle of the ball will be Kyoko when she finally gets here." she replied as a full beautiful smile stayed on her face from his compliments.

Offering his arm as escort she accepted gratefully as they made their way back into the crowd for drinks which servers where carrying around.

"Though saying that Kanae-san you would look good in anything."

Her hair that had been successfully pulled up into a bun with the cascade of curls made her look at least 5 years older he thought again as she turned and smiled. "If you keep complimenting me like this Yashiro-san I may not leave your side all night."

He smiled back at her as the door heralds called to attention the arrival of Mr. and Mrs. Hizuri. Kanae turned and clapped along with the rest of the crowd while Yashiro stared at her beautiful face.

I wouldn't say no to that.

The heralds announced his name as the doors swung open. Slowly walking down the stairs Ren walked alone. He could almost hear the whispered questions

"Where is she?"

"Shouldn't Kyoko-san be with him?"

Damn right she should be with me! What the hell does Takarada think he's doing?

Even though he was thinking this he smiled at everyone. Scanning the room for Lory he spotted him at the opposite set of stairs. The crowd parted for him as he walked right across the floor straight to Lory still smiling.

Lory simply whispered, "Ssssshhhhhhhhhh." with a finger to his lips as the lights went off.

A single spotlight centered on the top of the staircase. Ren was now standing with Lory as the herald announced,

"Her royal princess for the night, Mogami Kyoko."

The spotlight suddenly slid back revealing the very embarrassed looking Kyoko as she slowly made her way down the stairs. It trailed her and the room was full of applause. No one could pull their eyes away from her. Ren now heard people around him whispering 'Beautiful.' and 'Doesn't she look stunning?' he glowed with pride as he walked up to meet her. Offering his hand he led her down to the floor below. As they hit the floor more lights erupted creating a dance floor of light in the centre of the room.

"To begin tonight's festivities in honour of our friend Mogami Kyoko's good health we will ask her and her partner to take the floor for the first dance." Kyoko looked up at Ren, stunned as slowly the dance floor was cleared.

"But I don't know how to dance properly." she whispered to him looking suddenly more flushed and panicky.

"Don't worry they taught you some of the basics at the LME actor school didn't they?" she nodded but still looked terrified.