Growing up and letting go

The auction was going better than anyone could have imagined. Everything was selling really well yet the best was yet to come. The hosts, the charity worker everyone was waiting on their items. The internet bidding had already started taking the country by storm. The Cursed Sisterhood were going to make history that night even if they were not aware of it.

Kyoko looked across at Ren the slight swelling on his cheek showing the impact point of Sho's fist. "I'm sorry Ren," she said not for the first time placing her hand on his thigh.

He looked at her with a sweet smile. "Kyoko I would never blame you for that boy's actions. He made his bed now he must lay in it. I promise you I will never let you go. He can never have you or hurt you again." He placed his hand on hers and leaned his head down against hers.

She smiled up at him. "I love you Ren."

He smiled and was about to reply when Lory coughed meaningfully. The host was coming to their lots.

"And next we have 4 very exciting pieces. The bidding on these has been very fierce on the internet so lets see how the room takes them. First we have this wonderful bracelet and signed keytar played by Envy-green or as she is better known Amamiya Chiori! We'll start the bidding at …..."

it was completely the wrong time for Chiori to have taken a drink. She choked and Hikaru who had been talked into joining their table had to give her a few sharp pats on the back to make it so she could breathe again. By the time she had calmed herself enough so that they could actually hear the host it was already at a higher price than any item that had sold for that night. The auction was being carried out in American dollars and Kyoko hated to know what the amount was in yen. As the gavel came down Chiori was completely and utterly speechless as the host announced the final bid to be $125,500,00.

Next we have the signed guitar by Ice- Blue or as she is better known Kotonami Kanae. Again this item has gained a lot of interest on the internet so we are starting at …..."

Kanae gave none of her feelings away but Kyoko saw Yashiro flinch knowing her friend must have grabbed his hand hard under the table as the bidding war started. The price again was higher than it had been all night and when the gavel came down and the finishing price was read out Kanae's eyes reeled.

$147,000,00.

"Next we have the one of a kind piece by Cana Studios and boy do people want this piece badly! We start the bidding for this piece at …..."

The audience gasped at the price and if she hadn't have been worried about Ren, Kyoko was pretty sure she would have fainted right about now as the price rose and rose. Ren wanted to place a bid on it but Kyoko stopped him saying she would never wear it again so it was a waste of money. Ren sighed and resigned himself to watch the bidding. He was planning on buying one thing tonight. He was certain of that as the gavel came down and the room exploded with cheers. The finishing price was announced $323,000,00. Kyoko was reeling too now. You could buy houses, cars, even a small business for the prices these little things were selling at. What was wrong with these rich people?

"And now ladies and gentlemen it seems that this piece." He pointed to the large signed poster that was being lowered onto the stage for all to see. "This piece right here I am pleased to tell you has already surpassed the highest amount ever for a signed poster to ever be sold at a charity auction. The bidding will start at a whopping …..."

The audience sat stunned. That was until 3 hands went up at the same time to bid on it. Lory, Ren and Kuu all glared at each other. "Oh come on Ren-san. You don't need it! You get to see her every day." Kuu stared at his son.

"And boss you have the negatives of the poster for heavens sake! Let me have a picture of my daughter to hang in the house!" The rest of the audience laughed as they watched the furious bidding war between the three men.