Seeping Blood.

He heard her scream in that second, shocking him at the pure and raw emotions in her voice. The thing that had been missing all morning in their act she had found it. As the small running figure raced before the cameras his world seemed to stand still in that moment as he looked into her face. Her small hand made contact with his chest as he saw what he thought he would never see in her eyes. Her small form pushed him down, he felt an impact that spun her small light body away from him. He tried to grab hold of her, he wanted to hold her in those few milliseconds as their bodies suspended in air. He managed to grab her hand as they landed with a sickening thud on the stage floor.

The small hand twitched slightly, the noise in the studio was deafening. There were screams and shouts from every angle. In the centre of it all stood one man, laughing hysterically at the sight before him at the two bodies entangled before him with the blood slowly seeping out. He could hear nothing as he approached the tangle of human flesh, he would take his prize now.

He deserved his prize... didn't he?

Bending down, he slowly pulled the small body towards him. Turning her onto her back to look at what he had won. The red mist that had covered all his senses froze the blood, all that blood was not seeping from him as he desired. Slowly raising his eyes to the second body he had only a few seconds left of consciousness.

*SMACK*

Murasame's body flew backwards, landing in a sprawled heap about 10 feet away from his original position. The pistol he had still been grasping flew from his hand and away towards the camera crews, spinning across the floor to come to a stop at the feet of Riona. If physically possible the noise in the studio intensified. The screams of women, the shouts of the men, in the centre of the set the seeping blood flowing away. The seriousness of the situation hit Riona as she looked down at the gun at her feet. She was unable to scream out as the others had, but in seeing the gun the gravity of what was happening on the set hit her.

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!" she screamed as she raced towards the two figures entwined before her.

His first sense to return must have been his sense of touch. As the small hand twitched in his own, he tried to close his fingers around that precious piece of her, but his body wasn't responding to his wishes. He tried to open his eyes he willed and screamed at his body to obey him.

Open up I need to see her, I need to know! Work for fuck sake I need to see her! Kyoko...KYOKO!

He screamed her name over and over again in his mind, his body refusing to obey any of his commands.

He had never felt so helpless, what was wrong? What had happened? His mind had heard it: a gunshot but wasn't that what the scene had called for.

His mind seemed to be working at 10000X a second, yet in the same instant it didn't feel like it was working at all. Other senses slowly started to return. Hearing came next, a loud buzzing in his ears slowly clearing to the screams and shouts around him and the maniacal laughter of someone. With the footsteps of approaching doom he felt it before he heard it, the hand he so desperately wanted to cling to was taken away from him. He heard the sound of someone pulling her away from him, his heart and head screamed in unison:

KYOKO!

A small gasp escaped the lips of whoever was taking her away from him.His body would obey!

He flung open his eyes and sat up in one movement, just as Murasame's eyes met his, the feverish intent clear on his face as he bent over his girl.

*SMACK*

The movement was swift and instantaneous, he didn't even stop to think as his fist connected with Murasame's jaw, flinging him away from her. Ren lowered his eyes to the body before him not ready for what he saw.