46 Royal Trainee

POV Elsa

”Just stand straight!” I told to Jackie who was dragging his shoulders. “Mum! This ain’t fun at all!” He whined back and the pile of books fell from his head. Emma was giggling, “This is how you do it Jackie!” She smirked with confidence and picked some books over her head. She did fancy walk in front of us.

“Why can’t Sofia just be the future queen,” Jackie whined again and rolled his eyes. Our ten year old had some personality in him. “Because she might marry a handsome prince from other country, “ Emma whispered and held her hand over her forehead. She was teasing Jackie again.

“I know you don’t like this now but you still can’t decide will you be immortal or not. The Man in..-,” Jackie exhaled. “Yea, the Man in the Moon knows when the time is right. I know,mum!” He crossed his arms. Emma squealed and pointed at the clock, ”Singing lesson time!” She was exited.

“No, anything but that,” Jackie whispered. ”But Jackie, you’re talented,” I smiled to my boy. He sighed, “Anything but the Walking in the air again! Anything else!” I furrowed my eyebrows at him and Emma was giggling to our so called argument. “Fine!” He finally accepted but before he started he whispered something to Emma who smiled and nodded. They were glancing at me.

The pianist started to play as he arrived to room. Jackie cleared his throat and started to sing with his clear voice. I closed my eyes and listened. Suddenly the singing and playing stop and as I opened my I witnessed an odd sight. Emma had made the plant in the corner grow it’s roots and they were tangled around the pianist who laid on the ground. Emma was stretching her fingers while sitting in front of the piano. She made some adjustments and played a hard sounding tune.

“Kids let the poor man go-,” Suddenly Jackie smirked and froze my body and I couldn’t move. Emma started to play the piano while laughing. It was rock music. Jackie smiled and started to sing.

“This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive”

“Jackie!” I ordered but he didn’t react. He just sang louder the rest of the song and I started to feel annoyed. It was the rock music from Bon Jovi that he had been listening lately. If I remember correctly it was a song called It’s My Life.  

“Hey! What is the beat in here?” I heard Jack laughing when he arrived to the training room. He glanced at me and winked his eye. He was nodding his head in the songs rhythm and waving his hand in the air. “Jack!” I pleaded from him but he just chuckled.

When Jackie had finished Emma and Jack gave him applauses and he bowed. “Haha, really funny,” I sighed, “Let me go and that poor man too!” I pointed at the pianist with the help of my head. Emma let the pianist go who was most likely cursing the events in his head. “I am sorry, see you next week!” I yelled at him when he closed the door. “I swear children that if this pianist decides to stop giving you lessons then I will but you to a church choir.” The fact was that we were coming short of pianists in Arendelle, pianists who believe and can stand my children’s pranks.

Jack kneeled next to me and broke the ice around me. He lifted me up and smiled, “They’re just having fun. What point it is to train if you must leave the fun out of it?” He was somehow making sense. “Fine, one more fun song,” I winked my eye to our children. “I know!” Emma squealed in excitement. ”Do the Fox dance Jackie!” (Ylvis – The Fox)

”What is that?” I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at them when they started to laugh. “It is super funny mum! Sit and watch with dad!” She took our hands and pulled us to chairs. We were their audience as Emma played the piano and Jackie took out the microphone.

He started to sing about some animals, then about what sound does a fox make. I saw how Jack’s jaw drop as well as did mine. We saw how Jackie was holding his hands in front of him, his wrists were bended down and he was moving with the beat. The sound he was making was weird as well as the moves. Should a prince be doing this?

Suddenly Jack started to laugh when the show continued. Maybe this is alright, just some fun, I tried to convince myself. Emma and Jack laughed as hard as they could while they watched and even I started to laugh. It sure looked funny. No matter what Jackie is outstanding singer who can do lots of different styles from the looks of it.

A/N:

One more chapter left until sequel starts. Any feelings of this book?

Which option you prefer:

1. Making new book for the sequel

2. Continueing this book by adding the sequel here?