I can't breathe

There is only so much I can take until I can't breathe.
There's only so many times you can crush me, until every follicle in my lung screams.
My soul rips at the seams taking every thread of happiness away.
I shouldn't let you do this to me, but I just can't stop the pain of the knife in my back.
It's funny that you were once the person I thanked for making me happy. Now I can't breathe. You act so clean; as innocent as the pure white snow that falls on my cold nose. Yet, I know the truth of the monster that hides behind smiles and laughs.
You fool them and at one time me, but you can't fool me no more. One day they will realize you are the reason I grab my chest as it tightens in pain. I can't breathe. How could you do this to me? I ponder at night. But how could you not? I should have known when you left me all alone on the darken street, yes, you left me all alone wrapped up in the dark night. Who knew a sweet daydream could turn into a nightmare you can never seem to awake from. I sent you away and all the pain of betrayal, but I still struggle to breathe.
This is pain. I deserve to be happy and I will be, but I can't help the soft cries from my heart and the tightness that comes back into my lungs when I hear your name. Sometimes I just can't breathe.