Humbled By Pain

I was lost in a sea of blood.
My skin held scars, and was torn and marred.

The broken glass beneath feet was me.
Every snap and crackle was heard but no one cared they just kept walking.

Then somedays some of those witches would laugh at my broken fate.
I was just at the beginning of my conditioning, learning how compassion came from burns and mistakes.

That the more falls and hate I took I was becoming more humble,
so I wouldn't later land up stumbling into the same hateful type of being.

I fought to keep myself from laying my head under the water to stop breathing.
Everyday was a storm of emotions in my head,
then one day they came with a much stronger wind and I thought that it would be my end.

But destiny wasn't done with me as the knife fell from my hand.
Then I looked up seeing red from the blood sea I had been swimming in.

Destiny was the one who plucked me from the blood sea but even then I still couldn't breathe without the pain taking over me, but at last my infliction was loosening.

I sat down on the warm sand with blood dripping from my deformed hands and I thought out a plan,
even though destiny had already helped me escape, but I was just nearing the ending as I stepped back into the blood.

I was going to try to help save the others that were lost in the waves, compassion won that day.
Destiny had succeeded at training me.
Pain is just another step in learning.
Now this is just another story of humbling through pain.

My poetry book is now ranking 234 in poetry! Thank You Guys!
💗😀