Chapter Ninety-Seven

Elena's POV

"Here's her overnight bag, make sure she brushes her teeth and don't let her drink any soda before she goes to sleep. You know this. Her bedtime is no later then eight, remember?" I pull Elizabeth's hair back and run a brush through her hair to get rid of the bumps. I slip the rubber band in and clip in her white bow.

"I know, Elena. She's my daughter too." Calum rolls his eyes and grabs Elizabeth baby doll from off the couch.

"So how long did you say you were going to keep Lizzie?" I ask him, leaning back into the couch.

My baby bump has grown even bigger and I'm not sure but I think that I'm bigger with this baby then i was when I was pregnant with Elizabeth.

"Only for the week and then she'll be back Saturday morning." He lifts Elizabeth up in his arms.

"Oh, whoa. You're getting bigger, baby girl." Calum exclaims and Elizabeth giggles in his arms.

"What time Saturday?" I question him, placing my hands on top of my stomach.

"Is eight alright?" Elizabeth lays her head onto his shoulder and her eyes are beginning to flutter close.

"eights fine." I say. "Goodbye, Lizzie. I love you. Please be good for daddy." I tell her.

"Love you, mommy." She says in a sleepy tone.

I struggle to push myself up from the couch. After I get up I walk to the tv and grab Elizabeth's movie.

"Here. So you can watch Frozen in daddy's car." I tell her and she grabs hold of it and brings it up to her chest.

"Thank you." She yawns.

"You're welcome, sweetie." I kiss her cheek and she closes her eyes.

"Probably should get going now since Elizabeth is already falling asleep. We're gonna stop at a pizza place or something for dinner." He pulls Elizabeth's jacket up further her shoulders.

"Okay..." I say and step away from them.

"Okay." He says, still standing in the doorway.

After a moment I finally say something, "Calum..." Was all that I could get out.

"Elena not now...please." He closes his eyes and holds up a hand to me. "I'll see you Saturday."

"Last weekend, what I said about how I was done...I wasn't kidding Calum. I need to know where we stand...I need to know if you still love me or not." My voice was almost pleading.

"Dammit, Elena." He whispers to me. "Not now, alright?" His tone was harsh. "Let me enjoy my time with my daughter. I don't want to talk about this." He says and shuts the front door after he walks out. A few minutes later I hear his car start and drive off.

---

Calum's POV

Fucking Elena.

I hate that she's right...

But I really don't know anymore. My mind is so messed up right now and I don't even know what I want anymore.

I want my family. I want my kids and I want my wife but I can't look at Elena with out thinking about that damn paternity test.

All of this is so confusing and I just wish it never happened...

I wonder what would have happened if I never went to Zayn's house three years ago.

I would have never met Elena, never have Elizabeth or the baby that's on the way...

But I would be in my band and I would be traveling the world and living my dream.

I look up into the rear view mirror and see Elizabeth with her head against her car seat sound asleep with her lips parted slightly.

Just that little image washed away all the thoughts of fame and money. I don't even care about that anymore. All I ever need is my little girl in my life and I'll be happy.

All I need is my family...my children.

---

Elena's POV

"He hit you?" I ask. Not really surprised that Calum did attack Zayn...I mean, I really can't blame him for doing that. He's angry and I understand that.

"Yeah, he really did beat the shit out of me." Zayn said, pointing to his bruised eye.

"Oh...I'm really sorry, Zayn." I say, handing him a cup of coffee.

He shrugs his shoulders, "It's fine, I would have done the same thing if I was in his situation but with Samantha."

"It really isn't my fault though... someone told him." I shutter at the thought of Alex. "Now he can't even look at me anymore..." My eyes drop to look down at my hands, cupping my coffee mug.

"Hey," he places his hand on mine, "Everything is going to be alright. I know there isn't much I can say to make you feel better, but just know that I'm here for you." Something in the way he says this makes me know that somehow things just might get better. "Always."

I pull my hand away and run my hands through my hair, pushing it back.

"So when are you due?" Zayn asks, changing the subject.

"Eight week maybe? Is it bad that I really haven't been keeping track of this?" I'm such a terrible mother...

Zayn starts to laugh at me.

"What?" I ask kind of frustrated, "I have a lot on my mind lately. I don't know if my fiancée is leaving me or not and I don't know how I am going to support my family if he does."

"I'm sorry." He says as he stops laughing suddenly. "That wasn't funny."

I cross my arms over my chest. "I'm going to the doctor soon, I'm going to ask my mom if she can take me."

"I could take you if you want?" Zayn asks me.

I let out a laugh, "Calum left because he thought you and I were together. I don't think you taking me to my doctors appointment would help."

He starts to laugh too, nodding his head. "Yeah you're right."

He looks down at his phone. "Oh, shit." He says.

"What's wrong?" I ask, taking a sip of my still hot coffee.

"I'm late to pick up Sam at some church thing she went to with her mom." He stands from his seat and attempts to give me a hug but my stomach doesn't exactly allow him to fully wrap his arms around me.

"Bye," I call to him as he exits the kitchen.

"I'll talk to you later on." He calls back and then I here the front door opening and closing.

***********************************************
A/N:

I have amazing news guys...my grandparents decided to stay together! I'm really happy (: my grandparents are my everything and I don't know what I would do if they split up .

Okay so anyways I'm gonna try and update every other day like I used to so expect a chapter on Friday .(:

Sorry this chapter is so short /:

Okay so here's the goal for this chapter: 20 votes and 17 comments? (:

Thanks for reading!

-M.xx