Chapter Fifty-Six

(Next update on Thursday.!)

(Hey guys it would mean a lot to me if my directioner readers would check out my friends 1D stories.! Her user is in the dedication.! Ok, love you guys enjoy the chapter.!)

Elena's POV

I don't think I have any tears left to cry.

He hasn't woke up.. why hasn't he woke up?

I just want to hug him and tell him how much I care for him and also how much of an idiot he is for taking the bullet for me. I would rather have myself here in the hospital then him..

I hear the door open but I don't bother to look up, I keep my eyes on Zayn because I want to be there when he wakes.

"Hey, Ellie." I hear Harry's deep voice say as he walks into the room.

"Hi." I say, still looking towards Zayn. Harry takes a seat besides me on the small couch.

I place my elbows on my knees, balancing my head in my hands as I watch Zayn. My eyelids are beginning to feel heavy.

"Elena, you look exhausted. Babe you need to get some sleep." Harry tells me concerned.

"I-I will later." I assure him. If I sleep I might miss him waking up.

"You need to sleep now, El. If something happens I'll be sure to wake you." Harry try's to convince me.

"No, Harry. I can't.. he's here because of me. I need to be here when he opens his eyes." I tell him.

"I understand." He nods. "The boys will drop by later on, I just wanted to see how the both of you were doing." He tells me.

"I'm fine. It's him I'm worried about." I motion towards Zayn.

"I'm going to go talk to his nurse, I'll be back in a bit." Harry says as he stands, he walks over to the side of Zayn's bed and grabs his hand squeezing it. "Miss you, mate." He says before walking out.

I miss you too, Zayn.

-Elena's Flashbacks-

"You don't have to come over, I'm fine, really!" I chuckled, pressing the phone between my shoulder and ear as I placed the bowl of popcorn into the microwave.

"Is that popcorn I hear?" He asked.

"Maybe." I said dramatically.

"I'm on my way!" He said, then the line went dead. I laughed and made my way to the couch with the popcorn bag in hand.

-

Just then I heard a knock on the door, I jumped from my seat and walked over to the door.

I opened it to see a smiling towering male, "hello Elena." He kissed my cheek and let himself in.

"Yes Zayn, you can come in." I mocked, he smiled and plopped down onto the couch.

"Thanks, love." She smiled widely at me causing me to laugh. He patted the seat next to him and I gladly accepted.

Zayn has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, he was actually the one who introduced me to Calum...

"How you feeling, El?" He asked nudging my shoulder with his.

I shrugged and popped another piece of popcorn in my mouth, "fine." I lied.

"I know when you're lying, Elena." He said, "You get a little crease between your eyebrows." He chuckled and poked the spot above my nose.

I swatted his hand away, giggling.

"I don't know, I just don't want to confuse Elizabeth more then she already is...she doesn't need him in her life." I shrugged again.