Chapter Ninety-Six

Calum's POV

I rocked back and forth on my heels awkwardly as I waited for the door to be answered. What am I doing? my palms are becoming sweaty and I stuff them into my jean pockets.

"One second!" I hear her voice say from behind the door. I hear fumbling and the sound of the door unlocking. She peeks her head around the door frame and looks at me. Her face twists in shock and confusion.

"Oh, uh...come in." She opens the door wide enough for me to walk through.

She looks down at the floor, a few minutes of awkward silence passed before I actually was able to say something to her.

"You look nice." Was all I can think of to say.

She looks down at her grey sweatpants and white t shirt that is revealing some but not all of her stomach.

She is makeup less and has her hair up in a ponytail. And yet she still has never looked more beautiful...

"Uhm...thanks?" It comes out like more of a question.

I let out a exasperated sigh, "Okay, look, Elena." I begin, "I've come to the conclusion that no matter what you are always going to be in my life. You're the mother of both my children and nothing can change that." Her hands are fumbling together as I continue.

"I love you, Elena and I will always love you..." I take a step towards her and cup her cheek in my hand, her watery eyes lock with him. "But I can't be with you...Elena."

She pushes me away from her, I look at her with pure confusion.

"Enough!" She yells at me. "Enough of this bullshit!"

"What?" Is all that comes out of my mouth.

"Stop making up excuses, Calum! I'm done with games now, alright? Either you're with me or your not? Which is it? Because I'm over all the crying and the screaming and the breaking of...of everything! You're were my first love." She says the last part quietly.

She's tired. I know she is, and I'm tired too...

"I don't know what I want, Elena..." I say in a hush tone, not daring to look her in the eyes.

"Daddy?" A small voice calls from down the hall.

Elizabeth runs down the hallway with her small legs and jumps into my arms hugging my neck tightly. "Daddy!"

"Where did you go, daddy?" She asks me.

I glance over at Elena and then back to the beautiful little girl in my arms.

"I had to go away for awhile, but I'm here now." I tell her.

"Wanna watch my new movie, daddy?" She smiles a wide smile.

I place her down on the floor and kneel down to her level. "I don't know, baby girl I gotta go-.."

She pouts, "No." She says, "Daddy please stay."

I look up at Elena, "Only if mommy says it's okay."

She pulls on Elena's arm and begs her until Elena finally sighs and shakes her head yes.

Elizabeth cheers and runs to get her movie. She hands it to me and tells

me to "play it in the player,"

After the previews start playing I sit down on Elizabeth's right side and Elena on her left.

I couldn't help but look over at Elena a few times...it was dark in the living room but the way that the light from the tv hit her made her look so beautiful...

oh shit, she looked over at me.

I turn my attention back to the movie and I can't help but laugh at Lizzie who is belting out the lyrics,

"Do you wanna build a snowman!" She keeps fumbling with the words but that doesn't stop her, "na na anymore! Out the door, away!"

Elena pulls out her phone and starts to record the little superstar next to us.

"She really is her fathers daughter." Elena laughs.

It feels normal. Right now in this moment... It feels right. The whole mess of before doesn't even seem to matter because I'm happy. And I would do anything for my family...

My family.

*************************************

A/N:

I know this is really short but I was having bad writers block during this plus I was watching frozen with my baby cousins so I was getting distracted lol

Soo 80 votes and 16 comments? :)

Also the 'Stay' book two is published so be sure to add it into your library!

-M.xx