Chapter One

(Stay) Chapter One - "Fine On My Own"

-2 Years Later-

"Elizabeth come on now, we're going to be late." I rushed my one year out the door.

"Mommy, where are we going?" She asked, curiosity clear in her voice.

"To grandma's house." I smiled down at her brushing a hair out of her face as I buckled her into her carseat.

I jogged over to the drivers side and let me self in turning the car on in the process, I buckled myself and began to back out of the driveway.

"She sleeps alone, my heart wants to come hom-" I switched the radio off and continued to pay attention to the road.

"Mommy," She whined from the back seat, I glanced at her through the rear view mirror.

"What's wrong, bug?" I asked.

"I like that song! Why do you always turn it off, mommy?" She huffed crossing her arms over her chest, for a one year old she was very smart. I told myself.

I couldn't help but feel somewhat hurt by her words..."I'm sorry, bug," I told her, "I have a better song for you." I smiled as I popped in a CD.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a Lego house, I things go wrong we can knock it down," She hummed along to the song kicking her small legs to the best of the music as she watched the world go by through the window.

Her big brown eyes, sparkled as she looked to me and smiled. Her long eyelashes framed her eyes perfectly. Her face features were exactly like..HIS. except for her long wavy black hair that reached just about mid back. That she had inherited from me.

My eyes were a mix of blue and green but mostly blue, my hair was long black and wavy that reached just above my backside. I wasn't completely thin but I wasn't bad, at least I tell myself that. I could never get back to the way I looked after I had Elizabeth.

"Grandma!" Elizabeth gasped as she jumped up and down in her seat pointing to my mother who sat in a patio table outside of her house.

I smiled and pulled up into her driveway.

"Hi mom." I waved at her as I walked to the other side to get Elizabeth out, but once I opened the door she jumped out without hesitation and ran to her.

My mother engulfed her in a hug, "Lizard!" I chuckled at my moms nickname for her.

"I missed you grandma." Elizabeth said as my mom lifted her and placed her onto her lap.

"Well I've missed you too." She smiled as kissed her cheek, she looked up at me and smiled. "How are you feeling?" She asked me.

I sighed and sat across from them, "Why do you gotta ask me that every time you see me? I'm fine, mom. Never better." I chuckled, I'm not fine...I miss him like crazy and it feels like there's nothing I can do to stop the pain I felt. Just. Smile.

"I'm glad to here that," she patted my knee, handing me a glass of tea. "Ms. Hood just moved back," She told me.

I coughed on my tea as it went down my throat, "What?" I asked.

"I said, Ms. Hood just moved back..what's wrong?" She asked, Elizabeth gave me a worried look.

"I'm fine, Lilly." I scratched the back of her head slightly and took another sip of my tea.

"So, uh, mom," I tried to sound as normal as possible but inside I felt as if my stomach was completely empty. "Is Ms. Hood.." I cringed at the name, "Moving back alone?" I knew that she had become a widow during the time they had moved away.

"Yes, it's just her in that little old house." My mom said. I let out a sigh of relief.

At least something good came out of this unfortunate news. What were to happen if he visited his mother? Would I hide away in my home the entire time he's here? I can't hide my entire life...

***

"Pleasee," Elizabeth whined, pulling on my arm.

"I don't know, Lizzie, we have things to do at home and-" my mom cut me off.

"Just one night sweetie!" She crouched down next to Elizabeth, I scolded down at her.

Elizabeth looked up at my with puppy dog eyes, I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, one night!"

"Yay!" They cheered, I kissed both o them on the cheek before I bid them goodbye.

I walked out the door and to my car, I waved at them one last time before backing out of the drive way.

I slammed my foot down onto the brake causing me to jolt forward against my seat belt and hitting my head on the steering wheel.

"Fuck." I cursed grabbing my head and getting out of the car.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I cursed as I ran to the back of my car, "Did you not see me backing out? There's a fucking stop sign right there!" I yelled towards the idiot who still sat in his car, his windows were tinted so I couldn't see who it was but the window was rolled down slightly.

I ran my hands through my hair as I examined the dent they had inflicted, I heard a car door close but I didn't bother to look up I just scoffed.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you backing out!" He gushed, "It was an accident I swear!"

I stood up to face him, when I stood directly in front of him my eyes immediately locked on his.

My breath hitched in my throat, my palms began to feel sweaty and my stomach had an empty feeling.

"Elena?" He questioned, titling his head to the side to see me better in the dark.

"Calum?" Oh god.

********************************************

A/N:

On my other main story, when I'm not the one updating I'll update my other stories (:

-M.xx