Chapter Sixty-Nine

Omg I'm really sorry that this update took me so long I'm not even gonna lie to you guys I got distracted by After... I'm so sorry ok next update will be tomorrow to make it up to you guy .(:

Elena's POV

There was a knock on my door and I'm greeted by both my mom and Zayn.

"Good morning, my love." My mom kisses my cheek, "Merry Christmas." She smiles and enters the living room. "Merry Christmas, mom."

"Hey." Zayn smiles at me, "Can we talk?" He asks me quietly.

I nod, "Sure." He takes a look around the room.

"Privately?" He asks me and I give him a confused look, we walk into the empty kitchen.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" I ask him.

"About yesterday.." His voice trails. What about yesterday? I don't remember anything.. all I remember is going to bed along with my infant and amazing boyfriend, then waking up to my now two year old jumping on my bed.

"What about yesterday?" I ask cautiously.

"I just wanna apologize, what I did was.. uncalled for. I shouldn't have done it.. even though I really, really wanted to. It was stupid of me." His head droops down, his eyes refusing to meet my gaze. What is he even talking about?

"What?" I ask, purely confused.

"I know you're probably mad at me, you have every right to be-" he continues but I interrupt him.

"What are you talking about?" I bring my hand up to my forehead, trying to understand whatever it is he's talking about.

"The kiss, Elena." He whispers, his tone laced with hurt due to the fact that I didn't remember.

"You kissed me?" My eyes widen, oh god.. not this again.

"Yes.. you don't remember? You came over to my house to pick up Elizabeth and we started talking and then.. I kissed you." He tells me, his tone quiet.

"What? Why would you?.. what?" I thought going back and fixing everything with Calum and I would have prevented Zayn's feelings for me. I have a boyfriend and a child! Why can't he understand that?

"You told me how you and Calum have been fighting lately and I took it as an opportunity to.. you know." He rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "Elena I've loved you for as long as I can remember."

No.. No, no, no no! He's ruining everything again. "Stop! No. I don't wanna hear that. Zayn you're my best friend.. I don't want to change that, please understand. I love you, but as a brother.. I'm sorry." I shake my head. I can't believe I have to have this conversation with him.

He runs frustrated hands through his hair, "Dammit." He curses, "God dammit!" He says louder and swipes the plate of cookies onto the floor causing it to shatter to pieces.

"What the hell?" I whisper harshly to him.

"Elena? You alright?" I hear Calum's voice call from the living room.

"Y-Yeah! Zayn just dropped a plate by accident," I tell him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I push past him and grab a dust pan and broom, beginning to sweep up the pieces of broken glass cookie pieces.

"You don't understand. I need you." He crouches down besides me and grabs onto my forearm lightly.

"Why are you acting like this? Don't you remember your birthday? The birthday that I was pregnant with Elizabeth? You said that I was nothing more then a sister to you. What changed?" I ask him.

He stands to his feet and takes a seat on one of the kitchen chairs, placing his head in his hands.

"Her." He says quietly, "That's what changed." He sniffles. I know Zayn absolutely hates crying in front of anyone, so seeing him like this.. I can't help but wrap my arms around him and let him cry into my shoulder.

"Who are you talking about?" I ask him.

"Samantha.. she literally was my everything." I sit down next to him, "She was the girl next door." He chuckles.

*

Zayn's POV

"Her mum committed suicide a month ago and I went to the funeral hoping she would be there.. that must sound fucked up but I did. She didn't even show up.. she hated her parents so much. Two years ago she ran away to America and she never talked to me again. I told her I loved her the night she left, she told me she loved me too but I guess things got bad with her parents and she couldn't take it so she left. She never answered my texts or calls and when I saw you things just... changed." I explain to her.

"Oh.. you never told me. I'm so sorry, Zayn." She places her hand on top of mine. I love how understanding and caring she is.

"We have to find her." She says and my head immediately shoots up to look at her.

"What?" She can't be serious.

"Your infatuation with me is because of her, if I bring her back to you you'll most likely be over me." She explains.

"You're all I can think about... I-I don't know about this." I stutter out, my emotions are jumbled and un readable.

"You're confused. That's why you need to see her." She stands from her seat and grabs her laptop.

"What's her name?" She asks me.

"Samantha Ross." I tell her, feeling the familiar pang in my chest at the mention of her name.

All that comes up is this bakery in Chicago run by someone named Ruby Ross, do you know her?" She questions me.

"Yeah, yeah! That's her aunt." I say excitedly, taking the laptop from her and clicking on the bakery's home page.

"That's her! That's Sammy!" I point to a photo of her and another guy surrounded by cakes. I can't help the smile that's plastered on my face.

"There's the address," Elena points out.

"Come with me." I tell her. She looks at me, puzzled.

"Oh.. I-I don't know.." She shakes her head, her voice trails off.

"Please. You helped me find her, I can't do this on my own. Elena, please." I plead. She sighs.

"Fine." She runs her fingers through her hair, "I'll go."

I lean towards her in my seat and wrap my arms around her, "Thank you, Elena. You don't know how much this means to me."

"We'll leave after New Years, yeah?" I ask her, the thought of seeing Sammy causes my stomach to erupt with nerves.

"Yeah, that's perfect." She says, "Now we better get out there. I wanna see Elizabeth open her presents." She smiles and we exit the room together.

My Sammy.. my amazing beautiful Samantha. She's the only thing running through my mind. That, and the voice in my head 'what if she's over you?' 'Shes probably found someone new already.'

I ignore the voice and continue to watch as Elizabeth rips away at the paper.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She jumps into my arms and wraps her smaller ones around my neck.

Elena picks up my gift to Elizabeth and exams it, a chuckle escapes her lips.

"Really, Zayn?" She laughs, "A Zayn doll?"

"What can I say, I got a good discount." I smirk.

'Samantha is over you. That's why she didn't bother contact you.' My subconscious tells me..

I look over at Elena, she smiles at me and every negative thought leaves my head. Everything will be okay.. All I can think about now is seeing my Sam an holding her in my arms.

***********************************************

-M.xx