Chapter Four

(Stay) Chapter Four - "Don't Lie To Me"

Elena's POV

"What the hell were you thinking?" I ran my hands through my hair as I began to pace back and forth.

"I was trying to protect you, why are you picking his side?" He stood up from the couch positioning the ice pack to his head.

I exhaled dramatically, "I'm not picking anyone's side, Zayn!"

"Well it sure as hell doesn't look that way." Zayn began to walk towards the door, I grabbed his forearm to stop him.

"Zayn please wait." I said in a hush tone, he turned around and towered over me.

"What?" He asked, his captivating brown eyes burned into mine.

I looked away from his eyes and looked down at my hands. He placed his hand on mine and titled my chin up to look up at him.

I gulped, "Thank you."

"For what?" He smirked slightly.

"For helping me...protecting Lizzie," His inches away from mine. "Protecting ME."

"I'll always protect you, Elena." His husky voice whispered as his face inched closer to mine.

My eye kids fluttered as his lips brushed mine slightly.

"Mommy?" A little voice questioned, I backed away from Zayn, he coughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, Lizzie?" She ran up to me and I lifted her from the ground holding her in my arms.

She glanced at Zayn then back to me leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"Is Zayn really daddy?" She asked, I looked at Zayn then back to her.

"Yes." Zayn answered for me, God I hate lying to her...it literally kills me inside.

She leaned back to me once again, "Daddy scares me.." She whispered.

I hugged her close to be, hushing her slightly. "It's okay." I whispered.

"It's okay.." I repeated.

***

"You go ahead home, I need to help my mom clean up this mess." I sighed with a smile.

"No it's okay, I'll help." Zayn said as he began to grab a broom, I stopped him.

"No, it's late, Elizabeth needs to get to bed soon." I told him.

"What if he comes back while I'm gone?" He said in a hush tone to me.

"I doubt that he'll ever show his face again, now go on! I have my car anyways so I'll be home soon." I smiled.

He chuckled and nodded, "alright, alright."

He picked up Lizzie and made his way to the car but kissing my cheek flighty before walking off.

"Don't do what I think you're doing, Elena." My mom said from behind me causing me to jump.

I turned around and clutched my heart, "Gah, mom! You scared me."

She scolded towards me. "I'm not doing anything, mom." I told her.

"You and I both know that you don't have feelings for that boy like he does for you." She said placing her hands on her hips.

"You have no idea what's going on, mother." I sighed and began to clean up the glass from the porch.

"Oh honey, I know more then you think." She sighed and walked into the house.

"What the-" I was cut off.

"Elena." I voice said from behind me.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath before turning around.

"Elena, can we..can we talk?" He asked.

"Uhm," I scratched the back of my neck and looked around slightly, "Sure, Calum." I motioned to the small porch table to sit.

Once we sat down Calum got straight to the point.

"Tell me why you didn't say you cheated on me." He demanded, "Why did you lead me on and make me feel so terrible for leaving you these past years?"

I looked at him in disbelief, "You should feel terrible because you deserve to feel terrible!"

"You cheated on me!" He slammed his fist onto the table.

"God dammit, Calum!" I threw my back, running my fringes through my hair.

"You're no worse then me, Elena."

I looked back at him, my hand was twitching cause I wanted to slap him so badly.

"You have no idea what's going on, Calum." I seem to be saying that a lot lately, I told myself.

"Enlighten me, Elena." He scoffed.

I sighed. "Gah," I rubbed my eyes with my hands, "I can't..I can't tell you!"

"Why the hell not?" He asked.

"Because I don't want you to know!"

"Elena." He warned.

"Just leave me alone." I rushed away from the table to my car away from Calum.

I backed out of the driveway but before driving away I took one last look at Calum who stood on the steps of the porch...he looked like a lost child, I wanted to run up to him and hug him close but I knew I couldn't..I drove off quickly. I need to get my mind off of him.

********************************************

A/N:

Hello lovelys (:

I'm sorry for such a short chapter D:

This is more of a filler thoo/:

Hope u guys like itt! Don't forget to vote/comment xD

(*Calum rubs small comforting circles into your thigh and gently whispers into your ear "Don't forget to vote, beautiful.."*)

Teehee cx

-M. xx