Chapter Seventy-Three

(Next update on Tuesday.! Also follow my new Instagram account @stayfanfiction)

Elena's POV

"That was the longest experience of my life." I groan as we get our bags from baggage claim.

Zayn laughs, "It wasn't that bad. You slept most of the time anyways."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes playfully and he grabs the last of the bags, I help him carry them out of the airport and into a large black car.

When we climb in Zayn gives the driver the address to our hotel.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Zayn, he bites at his nails slightly.

"Yeah.. kinda." He admits. "I'm afraid she won't remember me or something."

"She's probably seen you on TV, I mean you are very well known now." I tell him, "She told you she loved you, right?" He nods, "Who's to say she hasn't stopped loving you?" I try to reassure him, squeezing his hand.

His runs his hand through his hair, "I'm just.. Worried? I don't know."

"Here we are." The driver says and both Zayn and I thank him.

When we grab our bags, I gaze in awe at the enormous building.

"Oh my god... this must've cost a fortune. It's huge!" I gape.

"It's no big deal really, I got it covered." Zayn smiles at me, guiding me inside.

"It's beautiful." I gasp. Zayn laughs and out of nowhere we're swarmed by camera men.

Zayn grabs me by the waist and holds me close to him so I don't get lost in the crowd.

"Why are they even allowed in the building? This is bullshit!" Zayn groans to some of the workers and security guards who are trying to control the paps.

"Is this your new girlfriend, Zayn?" One of them asks, he ignores them.

"You have a child, yeah?" Another asks me.

"Uh.. yes, I do." I answer him, keeping my head down slightly.

"Ohh, Zayn that's a lot of baggage isn't it?"

"Fuck off," Zayn says and we are quickly pushed into a elevator.

"Dammit." Zayn curses, leaning into the wall. "I'm sorry, Elena."

"It's fine, really. They're just.. doing there job I suppose. Don't listen to them, I know it's annoying for you." I hug him, he nuzzles his head into my hair and shoulder.

The elevator doors open and we make our way to our rooms.

"You've only gotten us one room?" I ask as he opens the hotel room door.

"Yeah.. There is two beds so I thought that it would be okay.." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

I enter the room and place my things onto one of the beds.

"I'll order us something to eat." Zayn says holding up the phone.

"Alright. I'm gonna get into the shower." I tell him and grab some fresh clothes before heading into the bathroom.

I strip myself of my clothes and turn the shower head on, letting the water heat before stepping into it. The water feels amazing on my skin.

*

I wrap the towel around my hair and pull one of Calum's t shirts over my head before I slip on a pair of pajama shorts.

I dry my hair as best as I can but it's still somewhat damp and I'm tired of being in this bathroom.

I gather my old clothes and exit the bathroom.

"I got us a pizza and ordered a movie." Zayn tells me as I put my clothes in my suitcase.

"Cool," I smile, "What movie?" I ask him.

"Your favorite, The Mortal Instruments." He smiles at me.

"I absolutely love that movie." I tell him and climb into my bed.

He sits against the headboard with me and presses play on the movie.

"I'm really scared." Zayn says abruptly.

"Because of Samantha?" I question him. He nods and looks down at his fiddling fingers.

"Don't stress over this, Zayn. If you tell her your feelings for her everything will be fine. There's no doubt she won't fall for you again she probably hasn't stopped loving you."

"You didn't." He says, hurt laced in his tone.

"What?" I ask, clearly took off guard by his words.

"I told you my feelings for you, you didn't love me back.." He says, his eyes burning into mine.

"I was already in love, Zayn.." I look away from him.

"Isn't it obvious? I can do so much more for you then he can. Look where you are. I can guarantee you he can't get you where you are now, but I can. I can do things for you.. you deserve better. You deserve me." He says in a low, quiet voice. His face and lips inches from mine.

it feels like the temperature has increased and my breathing begins to quicken.

Before anything could actually happen there's a knock on the door and I turn my head away from him.

"I'm not hungry anymore, I think I'm just gonna get some sleep." I say and climb under the covers as Zayn pays for the pizza.

"Yeah, alright. I'll save you some." He clears his throat awkwardly.

I can't believe I let this happen.

***********************************************

Comment/vote/follow (:

-M.xx