Chapter Twenty-Eight

(Stay) Chapter Twenty-Eight

Elena's POV

Calum pulls out of the parking lot, it's to quiet in here. I switch on the radio.

"We kissed I fell under your spell, we jumped never asking why," the irony of the lyrics pouring through the speakers is prominent.

"I came in like a wrecking ball, I never hit so hard in love

All I wanted was to break your walls, all you ever did was break me,"

Calum turns the radio down and I scold him.

"I like that song." I turn it back up and he sighs.

"What is up with you?" Calum asks me, I look at him in disbelief.

"What is up with me?" I gasp, he nods. "What is up with you?" I retort.

"You're the one who stormed out of the store!" His voice raised.

"You're the one who flirted with that blonde bimbo right in front of me!" I said in a harsh tone.

"Flirting? You think that I was actually flirting with her?" He chuckled. I felt a pain in my chest, how does he find this funny?

"Because it was flirting! Who the hell just winks at random girls and then not call it flirting?" I snap.

"I was being nice! God dammit, Elena!" His voice level makes me jump. I quickly regain myself.

"Don't yell at me in front of Elizabeth!" I say equally as loud. Calum looks into the rear view mirror, once his eyes land on Lizzie they softened.

"I'm sorry, Elena..." He finally says after a minute or two of silence.

"I shouldn't have done that right, it was uncalled for." He runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm just not used to this, you know?" He looks over at me then back to the road. His voice was quiet.

"Not used to what? Us?" I ask and turn to face him in my seat.

"Well, kinda. I'm just not used to relationships in general. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to act or how not to act..." He explains.

"Well you definitely don't act like that..." I sigh. I lean my head against the window and begin to pick at my nails.

"Fuck." He curses under his breath, "Elena I don't wanna lose you. I can't lose you. You're literally the best thing that has happened to me, you and Elizabeth." He places his hand on my thigh and it surprises me that I don't feel the urge to push it away.

I place my hand on top of his, "Just...if you ever do that to me again-" he cuts me off.

"I will never do that to you again, Ellie." He takes my hand in his. "I love you." He kisses the back of my hand, his eyes still locked on the road.

"I trust you, Calum.." I say in a almost whisper.

"I love you, Elena." He squeezes my hand gently. I smile towards him.

"I love you, Calum."

"I forgot, my mom wanted us to come over." Calum says.

"Oh...how come?" I ask slowly.

"Just to come over I guess." He shrugs. "She hasn't seen Elizabeth in a while."

I look back at Elizabeth and see that she's fast asleep.

"Elizabeth is asleep though." I tell him.

"She'll wake up." He says.

"I don't feel like your mom likes me..." I admit. I don't think she's ever even liked me.

"Why do you say that?" Calum asks, looking over at me.

"Probably the fact that I had Lizzie with you and didn't tell you, that I told you Zayn was the dad, just everything in general." I sigh.

"None of that matters now, Elena. She loves you." He reassures me with a smile.

"Okay." I give an uneasy smile, but I don't think he notices.

I know she doesn't like me. Hell if I was her I wouldn't like me.

I'm going for Elizabeth and Calum.

•••

"Hi, mom." Calum kisses her on the cheek.

"Hi, sweetie, how are you? It feels like I haven't spoken to you in forever." She smiles towards him.

"I'm good, I've just missed you." He says and walks past her, I enter behind him and she frowns slightly as I come into view but she quickly hides it with a smile.

I position Elizabeth on my hip. "Hello, Ms. Hood. How've you been?" I give her an awkward one handed hug.

"Fine." She says and takes Lizzie from my arms to give her a tight hug.

"My Lizzie love! I missed you, darling!" She kisses Elizabeth's cheek repeatedly.

"How's Zayn?" She asks me. Ouch.

"He's fine I guess.." I rub my arm uncomfortably, "What, Calum? I'm coming!" I pretend to hear Calum call me. I knew she didn't believe me but I just need to get away from this awkward conversation, if it was even a conversation.

"Excuse me." I dismiss myself and make my way into the kitchen to see Calum munching out on some snacks his mother had laid out.

"She hates me." I frown. He chuckles and makes his way over to me, he wraps his arms around my shoulder and pulls me to him.

"She does not hate you." He says against my hair.

"She asked how Zayn was.." I bury my face into his chest. "What do I do to make her like me?" I ask quietly.

"Do you want me to talk to her?" Calum asks, I pull away from him.

"No, that will just make things worse." I frown. "I think I'm just gonna go to my moms or a while. If that's alright?" I ask him. He nods.

"I understand. I'll go over when we're ready to leave, okay?" She says.

"Okay." I nod and he kisses my forehead.

"I love you." I kiss his cheek and I exit the kitchen.

"My mom needs me to come over, I'm sorry to leave so soon." I tell Calum's mother and she nods in my direction.

"That's alright, dear. Thanks for stoping by." She says and goes back to playing with Elizabeth.

I rush out of the house and to my mothers.

I check her driveway first, there's no black Cadillac in sight. Thank God.

I walk into my moms without knocking, "Mom?" I call out.

"She's not here." I here my a voice say. I turn in the direction of it.

That voice is a voice I definitely didn't want to hear... My dad.

My heart drops to my stomach. "Oh...I..I'll just...bye." I say and head to the door as quick as I can.

"Elena, please wait!" The male says from behind me, I stop at the door.

"What do you want?" I turn around, " Calum's waiting for me outside." I lie.

"Can we talk?" He asks, his voice is quiet. "Please, Elena, just hear me out and if you want I'll leave you and your mother alone." He pleads.

I let out a sigh... "Fine. You have five minutes." I warn. A wide smile grows onto his lips and I walk into the kitchen with him following close behind me.

********************************************

A/N:

WHOSE HEARS WHEREVER WE ARE OMG IT'S SO GOOD I CAN'T

I think it goes good with this story kinda :D

Don't even get me started on Diana❤

They always make me feel better when I'm down...(:

I hope you guys like this chapter! Comment what you think! Don't forget to voooote!

-M.xx