Chapter Eighty-Four

(Next update on Thursday.!)

Elena's POV

I look over at Calum and then pull Zayn into the kitchen, out of view and earshot of the group of friends who were all chattering excitedly together.

"That's impossible, we haven't even slept together. You like ruining things for me don't you? This baby is Calum's. You have Samantha, all your feelings for me should be gone." I sigh in annoyance. How dare he tell me that this baby could be his!

"You don't remember, do you?" He asks, leaning against the kitchen counter as he looks down at his fiddling fingers.

"What are your even talking about?" I ask impatiently. Zayn and I have not even come close to sleeping together so what on earth could he possibly be talking about?

He doesn't answer which pisses me off even more, I grab his face aggressively to make him look at me.

"I said, what are you talking about? Answer me." I say through gritted teeth.

"The day before Christmas, you came to my house to pick up Elizabeth and we began talking and then you started telling me how upset you were because of Calum and you fighting and then we kissed which then led to... other things." He tells me.

"That's impossible. I don't remember that. All you said was that we kissed." I shake my head, there is a hollow feeling in my chest. This isn't happening. This can't be happening.

"Well, I-," he began to say but I put my hand up to silence him.

"I don't want to hear it. We're getting a paternity test.. and if you say anything to Calum about this, I promise you, you'll regret it." I threaten him.

"What happens if it is mine," he grabs my arm before I could leave the kitchen. His face was twisted in concern and worry, maybe regret?

"It isn't." I spit at him. "Well what if it is? What then?" He asks me.

"Then it'll still be Calum's. No matter what, Calum will be the father of this baby." I say angrily.

"Then what's the point in a paternity test?" Zayn questions.

I sigh, "I just need to know, Zayn. Alright? And I think it would be best if you left. I'll text you when I have the appointment worked out to straighten this all out." I say flatly, not bothering to look him in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, Elena." He says before exiting the kitchen.

I bang my fists onto the counter and let the tears fall from my eyes freely. I want to scream so badly, I want to just let it all out but I can't. Why me? I'm happy one second then there is always something to come along and ruin it all. Why can't my life be normal?

*

-2 Days Later-

Zayn sat in the plastic chair besides the hospital bed that I was sat up on, his chin resting on his fisted hands as he bounced his leg up and down I'm anticipation.

"Thank you for being here." I tell him, not bothering to look over at him.

"I didn't exactly have a choice," he chuckled.

"Oh, right." I laughed lightly as well. "What are you going to do if this is your baby?" I ask him hesitantly, afraid for the answer.

"If it is I won't let you keep it away from me... I'd let Calum believe it's his but I would want to be as equal as a parent as you are just without being the parent part." He tells me.

"You would do that for me? You'd let Calum believe that he was the dad..?" I can't believe he would do that for me.. I don't know what I would do if Calum found out that Zayn could possibly be the father.

"Of course, I-," The doctor walks in before Zayn could finish. Zayn stands from his seat, the need to know must be killing him just like it is me.

"Good afternoon," she smiles at us, "So I got the results back," she looks down at her clipboard studying it carefully. I feel like in in an episode of Maury. "and I'm pleased to tell you that Mr. Malik is not the father of your child."

I breath a sigh if relief, "Thank you." I smile at her but before she can leave I call after her. "Please.. please don't being this up to, uh, Calum.." I say to her quietly.

"It'll be our little secret." She says and pats the top of my head as if I was a dog.. "Don't worry, I get girls like you in here everyday." And just like that she's gone.

"Girls like me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask, an anger building up inside me. "She has no idea who i am, or what I'm going through."

"Doctors," Zayn shakes his head, "They think they're better then everyone." He chuckles.

"What a bitch." I mumble. Zayn walks over to me and wraps his arms around my neck as he hugs me.

"In a way I'm kind of disappointed but then again I'm happy for you.. the baby deserves to have a mom like you and a dad like Calum." Zayn says as he pulls away from me, smiling slightly.

"So since you can't be the father, I was wondering if maybe you would consider being the baby's godfather?" I ask him. I know it's a weird thing to do considering that just minutes ago he might have been the father but I've always trusted him and he's always going to be my best friend.

"Are you serious?" He smiles ear to ear, his mouth open slightly.

"Of course I'm serious." I let out a laugh. He holds the door open for me and we walk down the gray and dark blue hospital hallways until we reach the elevator.

"I would love too, you know I would!" He hugs me again. I push the button for the elevator and we wait for the doors to open.

"Great," I smile up at him, "I just want to put this all behind us and focus on the future, you know?"

"Yeah I understand that." He says, nodding his head.

"So how are you and Sam?" I ask him as the elevator doors open and we step in.

"Me and Sammy are doing pretty good, more then pretty good actually, we're doing amazing. She makes me happy, Elena." He smiles to himself.

I'm so glad that he finally found and is able to be with the one he truly loves.. maybe now everything can go back to the way it was and I can live the perfect normal life that I have been praying for for so long.

***********************************************
A/N:

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow me .(:

You guys totally freaked out the last chapter it was so funny😂 lol

Things are gonna be happy now I promise haha

And I have a big surprise coming up for you guuuys ;)

-M.xx