Chapter Twenty-Two

(Stay) Chapter Twenty-Two

(Okay so I thought it over and I decided Larry isn't the best idea for this story. Thank you @Kellyyy01, you had a really good point. If I were to put Larry in it things would become complicated between Larry shippers and Louis and Eleanor shippers c: ) xx

*next morning*

Elena's POV

"Is everything alright with Louis?" I asked Harry as we made our way outside the bus.

"Yeah everything's alright. He just had a fight with El before we got there so he was upset." He told me. I nodded and followed him to his car.

"Elena?" I heard a voice call out from behind me.

Shit. Shit. Shit. I wasn't prepared for this...

I turned around slowly.

"Hi, Zayn." I said awkwardly.

"Wha-what are you...? Why are you-" Zayn stuttered.

"I went out last night and I didn't have a ride home so Harry let me stay in his and Louis' bus." I told him as I shifted back and forth on my heels.

"Why was Harry with you?" He said through gritted teeth. Why was he getting angry? It's not like he's my boyfriend or anything.

"Because he was at the same club as me last night. It's not like we went together or anything. I'm with Calum, not Harry." I told him. I instantly wanted to take it back when I saw the hurt flash through his eyes

"Zayn.." I start but he cuts me off.

"It's fine, Elena." He says and rubs his eyes.

"Can we talk? Please?" I almost plead. He gives me a puzzled look before nodding.

"Elena." Harry warned from behind me.

"It's alright. I'll come back to your bus afterwards, okay?" I ask.

"But Calum?" He whispers to be so Zayn won't hear.

"It'll be fine. I just need to work out things with him, he needs to understand that I'm with Calum now." I explain to Harry.

He sighs, "okay." And walks back to the bus.

I walk over to Zayn and follow him into the bus.

"Where's Liam?" I ask. He glanced at me.

"He's out." He simply says.

"Oh." Is all I can conjure up to say.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He finally asks.

I look down at my hands and play with my fingers. "Us."

"What about us?" He asks.

I glance up at him and see that he is intently staring at me.

I look back down quickly.

"Well?" He asks a little impatient.

"Just know that I love you more then anything, okay? You were my best friend so of course I'll always love you," I tell him. He just stares at me.

"I need you to know that I'm with Calum...only Calum." I say slowly. His face holds no emotion.

"So what are you saying?" He asked blankly.

I couldn't help but feel hurt by how emotionless he was reacting to this.

"I'm saying that we won't work. Calum is Elizabeth's dad and that won't change...Calum and I have a past together and I want to fix things up with him hopefully...for Elizabeth's sake." I explain to him.