Chapter Sixty-Two

(Next update on Wednesday.!)

Okay so I just heard the song Heart By Heart by Demi Lovato and it's definitely the theme song for this story .! No doubt .!

Enjoy the chapter .! ....even though it's late...

Elena's POV

"Keep telling your self that." I hear Harrys voice come from outside. After Calum dropped me off at home I remember that it was also Zayn's birthday so I grabbed his present that I had got him and climbed into my car to come see him.

"I do not love Elena." Zayn says frustrated. Why are they talking about me? I step to the side off the back door so I could sneakily listen in on there conversation.

"You don't need to get all defensive," Liam chuckles.

"I'm not getting defensive, if I wanted Elena I would have had her already. Obviously it would have been easy, I mean look how fast she got pregnant. Elena is my best friend an I love her to death as a friend but I just couldn't see myself with her." Zayn's words feel like a stab to the chest. H-How could he say something like that about me? I step out from my hiding spot.

"So I'm easy?" I ask, the hurt that I'm feeling laced in my voice.

He turns to me, his eyes wide due to the fact he was caught by me.

"No, El, I didn't mean it like that,-" he try's to tell me but fails since he can't even create a proper sentence.

"I know exactly what you meant. I went through hell.. and for what? To be basically called a slut?" I cry. I did go through hell because of him, the guilt and pain I felt when he passed was unbearable.

"You aren't a slut," He takes a step toward me but I put my hand out to stop him.

"Whatever.. happy birthday by the way." I spat. I through the small box at him and it hits his chest before it falls to the ground.

I rush off as the tears continue to stream down my face. How could he say those hurtful things and then say he doesn't mean them? How dare he have the audacity to even say anything like that to me? I though he was my friend but obviously I was wrong... I just hurts so bad...

When I get home, I ignore my mothers questions asking if Zayn liked his gift.

"I'm tired, I'll talk tomorrow." I wave her off and rush up the steps so she wouldn't see my tear stained cheeks.

I shut my door and kick off my shoes. I trudge over to my bed and lay down, pulling the blanket over my head.

Zayn's harsh words play in my head like a broken record causing me to break out into more tears.

My phone rings in my pocket and I pull it out only to see Zayn's face on my screen.. I decile and turn my phone off. I don't need to listen to his lies. I've heard enough for the night..

*

I hear my door creak open but I pretend to stay asleep.

"Elena?" I hear Calum's voice question, "Are you awake?"

"No." I groan, he chuckles and I feel the bed dip besides me.

He gently pulls the covers off my head. He frowns as he takes in my appearance. I had been crying all night and I wouldn't doubt that my eyes were red puffy and my cheeks were stained by tears.

"Ellie, what's wrong?" Calum asks, I sit up and place my hands over my stomach.

"Nothing." I shake my head, avoiding eye contact with him.

"You wouldn't have been crying if it was nothing, Elena. Now tell me." Calum demands. I climb out of the bed and head to the door.

"It's nothing really, I'm fine." I lie. He jumps of the bed and rushes over to me, closing the door before I can get out.

He pulls me close to him, hugging me he wraps his arms around my waist. He tilts my head up with his thumb so I'm looking up at him, he slowly brings his lips to mine letting them move in perfect sync.

"Elena, I hate to see you upset," Calum says breathless as our lips part.

I nod and lay my head on his chest, "It's not that big of a deal, really." I shrug in his arms.

"You wouldn't have been crying if it wasn't a big deal." Calum says.

I don't want him to be upset with Zayn. The last thing I need is for them to hate each other again.

"Okay.. well I over head heard something that I wast supposed to hear," I try to leave out as much detail as possible.

"What did you hear?" Calum asks me.

"Just something about the pregnancy?" It sounded more like a question.

"What was it?" He urges me. I really don't want to tell him.. The tears prickle at my eyes as the harsh words run through my mind.

"That I... that I-I was a easy because of how fast you got me pregnant.." I feel Calum stiffen.

"Who said that? Tell me, Elena." Calum says to me sternly as he holds me out at arms length.

"It's not important," I shake my head and try to get out of his hold but he doesn't let me.

"Elena, tell me." Calum says sternly again.

"It's fine, I don't care anymore." I push his hands away and head to the door.

"Elena I mean it! Tell me!" His voice raises in annoyance.

"Zayn! Alright? Are you happy?" I yell at him.

Calum's face twist in confusion which then turns into anger. He doesn't say anything as he storms out of my bedroom.

****************************************************

-M.xx