Chapter Eighty-Seven

Zayn's POV

My eyes widen and my pulse quickens. Oh no.. oh God no. I rush over to Samantha and take the phone from her hand.

"She must have sent this to the wrong person or something," I feel the heat rising in my cheeks and I don't dare look her in the eyes.

"How do you send something like that to someone by accident?" She asks me, disbelief clear in her voice.

"Hey, hey," I say in a hush tone, I cup her face in my hands so that she was looking at me with her angry glossy eyes, "You trust me don't you?" I ask her.

"I just don't understa-" she begins in a panicky tone but I hush her again.

"Do you trust me?" I crouch down slightly so I'm at height level with her.

"Yes." She sighs, her tone was mixed with defeat and tiredness. "I trust you."

"Good." I smile warmly at her, I kiss her forehead lightly and guide her bedroom.

My chest aches and my stomach feels hollow.. I've never lied to her. What happens if she finds out? What if she leaves me? Or if-?

Stop, Zayn. She isn't going to find out. This was just a minor bump in the road I mean not all people in relationships are completely truthful. I mean what happens if your girl asks if you think she's gained weight you aren't supposed to actually tell them they have you just shake your head and disagree. That's just how it is.

Sam stops outside her bedroom door and turns around, looking down at her fiddling hands with a concentrated look etched onto her features.

"I just can't wrap my head around it. Why would Elena need a paternity test if the baby is Calum's? Unless.." She looks up at me with questioning eyes.

"No, no. Don't think like that. I would never do anything to hurt you in that way, I love you and only you." I say, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"It hurts that you think that I would actually cheat on you.." I avert my eyes from hers. Maybe putting some guilt on her would get her mind on the whole idea of me cheating on her (which is the most uncertain thing I've ever heard because I have never loved someone more then I love her).

"I believe you," she says, picking up my face to look at her. "I believe you." She smiles reassuringly at me.

"Goodnight, Zayn." She whispers against my lips.

"Goodnight, Samantha."

Elena's POV

Calum smiles wearily towards me from across the kitchen table. My brows furrow and curiosity sparks through me as to why he would look at me like that.. does me know? Did he go through my phone? Did that bitch of a doctor tell him?

"What's wrong?" I ask him, terrified for the answer.

"Nothing. Just thinking." He says, looking down at the barely touched plate in front of him. He pokes at his chicken with his fork, as if he was a small child.

I chuckle, "Calum, don't play with your food. You're worse then Elizabeth."

"I'm not feeling very well," he announces as he stands from his seat. "I'm gonna crash early." He says in a tired voice.

"Oh, okay.. I'll put your plate in the microwave just in case you get hungry later." I say as he walks away.

Regret and sorrow course through me.

What have I done?

Calum's POV

I pull my phone from my back pocket before I sit down at the foot of the bed. I scroll through my contacts until I find the familiar number I desperately needed to talk to.

"Hey, Cal. It's late. What's going on?" Luke says as he answers.

I run my fingers through my hair, "I can't do it, Luke. I have to tell her." I sigh a exasperated breath.

"Just wait, Calum. It's to early for her to know." Luke tells me, an urgency in his voice.

"I just can't keep a secret like this away from her." I tell him honestly. It's hard to keep all this inside I just want to scream it out already.

"But Calum you haven't even got the ring yet." Luke chuckles.

"But it's killing me, every time I look at her all I want to do is tell her." I throw myself down against the bed, my back against it.

"How 'bout this, tomorrow morning we go out and look at rings for Elena?" Luke suggests.

"Yeah, I'll tell Elena I'm going over to my moms or something." I tell him. A smile grows onto my lips. "I can't believe it, Luke..." I chuckle to myself,

"I can't believe I'm going to propose to, Elena."

*************************************

A/N:

I just welcomed a co-writer onto the story >> she wrote the last chapter, I loved it!

Don't forget to vote/comment/follow :)

Thanks for reading!

-M.xx