Beautiful Dreamer

The doctors said that Prudence would be fine but she had the terrible flu that had been going around lately. She has to take medicine for the next few weeks.

They went home and Prudence went back to her room.

"You should take a bath or something to get rid of some of the germs, Love." George suggested.

She nodded and nearly tripped of dizziness when she got to the bathroom door.

"Easy..." He said a he helped her up again.

"Okay, I'll help you in the bath alright?" George said.

She nodded, only half aware of what he was even saying. George helped get her clothes off and got her in the bath he had drawn.

"Are you alright now?" He asked.

She nodded and managed to scrub herself. George took care of her hair and then helped her out. He wrapped a towel around her carefully and helped her stand up.

"Okay, can you dry yourself off and get pajamas on?" He asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and managed to get her underwear on and George helped her with the rest.

"Let's get you in bed now." He said and got her tucked in.

He braided her hair in low pigtails so that her hair didn't get all over the place. He placed the teddy bear Paul had gotten her next to her and she fell asleep.

"Poor girl." He whispered and closed the door quietly.

He went downstairs and saw Linda with Heather.

"Why hello there, Beautiful." George whispered to the baby.

She looked curiously at George. She had a little bit of blonde hair and bright eyes.

"She's very pretty." George told Linda.

"Thank you." She said sweetly.

"Where's Paul?" He asked.

"At the store." Linda replied.

"I hope he gets some more dessert." George chuckled.

Linda smiled and sat down exhausted.

"Y'know I'm really proud of you, Linda." George said, blushing.

"For what?" She asked.

"Everything. I mean you're hardly 20 and you've done more than most people would ever be able to do." George explained.

"Thanks, George." She said and George kissed her forehead.

"Oh Linda, if you have any free time, could you help me...um...practice a date?" He asked embarrassed. "I mean, I want to make sure Prudence loves the date I have set up for her when she gets better."

"Let's do it now." Linda said, setting the sleeping Heather in her crib.

They went to the table and had a pretend dinner. At the end, George walked over to Linda and helped her out of her chair. He pulled her closer to him.

"Put your hands on her hips." Linda instructed him.

She pushed his hands down.

"Now give her a quick kiss and let her just lie on your chest." Linda said.

As she was doing this, Prudence began to walk downstairs. Neither George, nor Linda noticed her and Linda whispered to him what to do. George began to kiss Linda and spun her around.

Prudence carefully went back upstairs and cried quietly.

Paul got home and went up to Prudence to give her the medicine.