Bip Bop

Paul and Linda were in bed and Paul had fallen asleep already.

In his dream, Paul saw John.

John was just a few feet away from Paul but whenever Paul went towards him, he disappeared.

"John?" Paul would call out and john would reappear again only to vanish soon.

"John!" Paul said as he ran towards John.

He disappeared again.

Next time John appeared, Paul just stood still. Eventually John came to him.

"John! John I've missed you so terribly much." Paul cried.

"I've missed you too, Macca." He replied.

Paul kissed John on his thin lips and looked into his almond shaped eyes.

"I've missed seeing those eyes." Paul smiled.

"Well you should stop crying Paulie, you're gonna wash away your beautiful eyes." John said as he kissed his nose.

Paul missed John's kisses. They were so gentle, especially coming from someone as tough looking as John.

"I found all of your songs." Paul told him.

"I know. I've been watching over you. Hey, Liz and I are pretty good matchmakers." John smirked.

"Oh Linda's wonderful." Paul exclaimed.

"Well, she's almost as wonderful as you, Johnny." Paul whispered and wrapped his arms around John.

John smiled and Paul kissed him.

"I love you, John."

"I love you more, Macca." John replied and pressed his nose on Paul's.

John slowly began to fade away.

"Wait, John!" Paul shouted.

John faded and faded before nothing was left. Paul began to cry again.

"John!" He shouted. "Johnny, please!"

Linda woke Paul up.

"Are you alright?" Linda asked him.

"John was right here." Paul cried. "He was right here."

Linda pulled his head to her chest and tried to calm him down.

"He was here!" Paul cried. "And he talked to me and kissed me and hugged me and...and-"

"Paul..."Linda whispered. "John's always with you, you know that?"

"What are you taking about?"

"I mean, c'mon. Don't ya think John is watching over you?" Linda asked.

"I guess so." Paul said.

"Good. Now get some sleep, Love." Linda whispered.

It was about 6 in the morning when Linda woke Paul up again.

"Paul?" She asked with a nervous tone.

"Yes?" He asked sleepily.

"I think the baby's coming." She whispered.

Paul jumped out of bed frantically.

"Uh...um...what do I-er-" Paul began to run around the room nervously.

"Well call the hospital." Linda said.

"Right." Paul said and hurried to the phone.

He rushed back to Linda when he finished the call.

"Okay, okay. Linda, you'll do great. Just stay calm." He said, assuring himself more than Linda.

"I think you're the one that needs to relax, Paul." Linda giggled.

"Right."

The ambulance picked her up and Paul got in with her. George said he would be there later while Prudence stayed with Julian since he was too young to visit someone in the hospital.

Linda was put in a room where she calmed down a bit. Paul was with her and holding her hand. His hand trembled in her steady one.

"How are you so calm?" Paul asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh...um... I know that we said Heather if it's a girl but...well...could we maybe change the name?" Paul asked.

"To what?" She asked.

Paul blushed, "Lennon?" He said in a small voice.

"Could we compromise and have it be Heather Lennon Eastman?" She proposed.

Paul nodded happily.

"You'll have full custody, right?" Paul asked.

Linda nodded.

"So...if we...got married one day, I'd be her step-father?" He asked.

Linda nodded again and smiled. Paul nearly squealed with delight at the thought.

Later that night, Linda had her baby. Paul was so happy and admired the baby girl.

"Hello, Heather." Paul said quietly as he held her in the soft, pink blanket.

"You see your mummy?" Paul asked her as he turned her towards Linda.

"And that's your daddy." Linda said and pointed to Paul.

Paul looked at Linda after she said that. Linda gave him a nod of approval and a smile beamed across his face. He gave Heather a gentle kiss on her small and delicate forehead.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you, Love." He whispered and gave her back to Linda.

"Hey, Cutie." Linda smiled.

Heather fell asleep with a smile on her face. The nurses took Heather to check on how she was doing.

"I'm so proud of you, Lin." Paul said as he gave her a kiss.

Linda blushed.

"You'll be a great dad. You already are with Julian." She smiled.

"I hope so." Paul replied.

"Oh don't start all that now." Linda begged him.

Paul kissed her cheek and brought her some food to eat.