Teddy Bear

Prudence looked at him for a few seconds, her eyes full of salty tears.

"Prudence, please! I'm so sorry." George begged her.

She tucked her head between his shoulder and neck and cried.

"It's not your fault." She muttered.

George breathed a sigh of relief before helping her cope again.

Being younger than him, George made sure to take even more care to make sure Prudence didn't get hurt. He felt as if she was someone he had to protect because she couldn't care for herself.

George and Prudence went home while Paul and the others played at the park.

"Lunch?" George offered.

She nodded.

They got sandwiches and talked.

"Do you play any instruments?" He asked her.

She shook her head.

"I'm sure I'd be awful if I tried."

"Oh c'mon; I'm sure your fab." He told her. "Do you sing?"

"I've never really tried. I'm too nervous to try, I don't even sing in the shower." Prudence admitted.

"Will you sing if I sing with you?" George asked.

"Uh...I don't know..." Prudence started to become shyer again.

"Please? You can sing as little as you want but I just want to hear." George begged.

She got lower in her chair.

"I'll get my guitar out and we can sing, okay?"

She gave him the slightest nod of approval and he hurried upstairs to get his guitar.

When he came down, he played a quick tune to warm up. Then he asked if she knew any Elvis songs.

She nodded.

"Teddy Bear?" He asked.

"Sure."

He began to play and sing. He urged Prudence to sing too.

"Oh let me be you're teddy bear." They began to sing.

"I don't wanna be a tiger

Cause tigers play too rough

I don't wanna be a lion

Cause lions aint the kind

You love enough." George sang.

"Just wanna be, your teddy bear

Put a chain around my neck

And lead me anywhere." Prudence sang.

"Oh let me be

Your teddy bear." They finished together.

"You don't have a good voice?" George laughed.

She blushed. "I've never really sung anything."

"Well you should sing more often." He told her.

She shrugged her shoulders.

George took her to the couch and they sat down. He hummed the Elvis tune and hugged her. She looked at him and began to kiss him.

The two fell onto the couch together but that didn't brake their kiss.

Their muffled giggles were the only sounds in the empty house.

Prudence was then siting on his lap and George asked her when she got her cast off.

"In two days I think." She told him.

"Oh good." He remarked. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure."

George carried her upstairs and laid her on the bed.

They flipped through the few channels they had before finding an older movie.

Prudence rested her head on his chest and he put his fingers through her long hair.

The movie ended and George told Prudence about the letters from Lizzy. He showed her the pile of them and he came across one that said, "When You Find Her."

George looked at Prudence and took the envelope out of the drawer.

He sat back down with Prudence on the bed and opened it.

"Dear George,

If you're reading this, I'm very very proud of you. I told you you'd find that special girl. I just want to remind you that I want you to be as happy as you can be with her. Hopefully I'll have a say at who you meet because I want you to be with the right person. If she's a blonde that was probably John's touch (y'know he likes them). Well, I just want to make sure you're happy with that lady and she's VERY lucky to be matched up with you.

I love you Georgie,

Lizzy xoxo"

George smiled at the letter and tucked it into the envelope and put it back in the drawer. He looked at Prudence and she smiled back.

"Something wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He smiled and kissed her.