Good Day Sunshine

Paul and Liz had been living together in her house for a week now. Paul had bought her a new ukelele and the two were playing together.

"Y'know you're even prettier when you play." Paul complimented her.

Liz blushed, "Thanks."

"Wanna go to the pier? It's a lot warmer out today." Paul suggested.

"Sure."

The two got dressed, both of them wore jeans, Liz had a thin jacket on and Paul wore a leather one.

"Ready?" Paul asked.

Liz nodded and the two went out for lunch at the pier. When they arrived, they were looking at different shops and restaurants when they saw a familiar face. John was also here and he had a new partner.

"Do you know him? The one with John?" Liz whispered.

Paul nodded, "That's Stu. Nice guy, never knew he was gay though."

"Well nothing wrong with that." Liz said and the two continued to look at other places to eat. They had just asked about how long the wait would be for one place and the man said 20-30 minutes. The two said that was fine and they waited on a bench outside of the restaurant. They were talking and laughing when someone greeted them.

"Hey Paul, hey Liz." John said with a cig in his mouth.

"Hi John." The two said awkwardly.

"Just wanted to introduce Stu to you. He's my new 'friend'."John said happily.

"Hello." Stu said cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you." Liz said as she stood up and shook hands.

"Hey Stu." Paul waved.

"Hey Macca." Stu replied.

"How is it at Liz's?" John asked.

"Great. Nice, fresh start, y'know." Paul said wanting John to leave.

"Yea, I'm back at Mimi's if you even call it staying. I'm hardly ever home so she doesn't really know about Stu." John said.

"Oh...that's..uh..nice." Paul replied.

"Wait, George is by himself now?" Liz asked concerned.

John nodded, "yea he's got the house to himself again."

Liz became a bit unsettled by that idea.

"Well, we got to get to our lunch now, so...see ya around,I guess." Paul said.

John and Stu waved and left.

"I didn't know George was by himself now." Liz trailed off.

"I'm sure he's fine. It'd be nice to have a little peace and quiet after all the chaos that's happened the past few months." Paul assured Liz and held onto her hand.

Liz nodded, still worried, but waved off the idea for now.

"Well let's get some food, Love." Paul said, standing up and going inside.

They were seated to their seats and they enjoyed their meal. They paid the cheque, and started to go towards the shore. It was a rocky beach, but still quite lovely.

Paul and Liz held hands and walked under the pier. They were all alone in the shades area and no one was nearby. Paul leaned on one of the massive, wooden poles and smiled at Liz.

"C'mere, Lizzy." Paul said.

"What's up?" Liz asked cheerfully, sensing something different.

"Just come here." Paul smiled.

"What are ya gonna do?" Liz asked.

"Nothing! Just c'mere!" Paul laughed.

Liz did and Paul reached into his back pocket. He reached for the oyster he had bought from one of those little kiosks on the pier when Liz was in the bathroom.

Liz watched him closely. Paul got down on one knee in front of Liz and cracked open the oyster to present Liz with a little, but beautiful pearl on the inside.

"Lizzy, will you take this pearl as a token of my undying love for you? And promise to make me happy by being with me?" Paul asked, sincerely as he blushed extremely brightly.

Liz plucked the little pearl out of the shell and nodded her head. Paul stood up and Liz wrapped her arms around her neck and kissed Paul all over his face and neck.

"You're so sweet, Paulie." Liz said.

Paul lifted her up and twirled her around. Liz laughed and Paul set her down. The two tumbled over dizzy and Paul fell on top of Liz. They both laughed and then it went silent. Liz was still holding on to her pearl and Paul was still on top of her on the sand. There was a moment when the two thought they were the only ones that mattered to each other and they both smiled, with beaming eyes. Paul leaned in and kissed her softly.

"Love you." Paul whispered.

"Love you too." Liz responded.

They stood up and Paul was looking for something on the sandy beach.

"What are you lookin' for?" Liz asked.

"This." Paul said as he picked up a rather sharp rock.

He took it and carved the letters P and L into the wooden beam where Paul had original leaned on. He gave the rock to Liz and she put a heart around the two letters that were connected by a plus sign in the middle. Paul looked at Liz and the two kissed happily.

Liz shuddered when a gust of cold wind came over them.

Paul took off his leather jacket and wrapped it around Liz's shoulders.

Liz smiled at Paul and the two made their way home. As they were going home, they passed George's house that was on the opposite side of the street. They both walked passed it slowly, inspecting every inch of it as well as they could. Liz stopped walking when she saw a familiar face kicking and throwing rocks that were next to his house. George looked like he had gone mad. He was chucking the rocks at the wall and kicking them at random.

"He looks so miserable..." Liz muttered in the cold.

Paul let out a sigh, "poor lad."

"Should we go..." Liz asked pointing at George.

Paul nodded. The two hurried across the street to go to their friend. Paul kicked a rock in his direction to get his attention, "Hey George."

"What do you two want?" He asked bitterly.

"We just wanted to see how you were doing." Liz said.

"Well I'm fine!" He said harshly as he looked at the couple with red eyes from lack of sleep.

"Y-you should be getting inside, it's getting cold out." Liz suggested.

"Why should I listen to you?" George asked.

"I just-"

"Bye." George interrupted.

The two walked away to Liz's house as they heard George to inside and slam the door.