All Things Must Pass

"If you wish to see Mr. Harrison, he'll be done wit treatments tonight but he'll most likely be sleeping. You may stay in our waiting room if you wish to see him later." The doctor said before going back to help with George's treatments.

Paul walked Lizzy back to the waiting room and told Linda to take Julian back home. Linda did and gave Paul a kiss goodbye. When they left Paul shifted all of his attention to Liz.

"C'mere, Love." Paul said.

Liz sat on the bench where Paul was and put her head in his lap. Paul put his fingers through her hair and tried to relax her.

Every now and then Liz would have a total melt down and bawl into Paul's lap. Paul would have to take her outside and try to comfort her.

They were outside, Paul had taken her to a wall outside the hospital and she put her back on the brick wall. Paul put his hands on her cheeks and put his forehead on hers. He whispered happy thoughts to her.

"Ninety-six." Liz repeated in a muffled voice.

"Liz, what are you saying?" Paul asked in a relaxed tone.

"Ninety-six, that's the percent of George not surviving. Paul... He's not gonna make it, is he?" Liz asked.

"I don't know, Honey." Paul whispered.

It began to rain a little, but not enough for Liz to want to go inside. Paul wrapped his jacket around the two of them so that their bodies were touching.

"What am I gonna do?" Liz cried.

"You're gonna keep living your life no matter what happens." Paul told her.

Liz nodded and shivered.

"Do you wanna go inside?" Paul asked.

Liz shook her head. "Stay here."

"Okay, Love. Anything for you." Paul assured her and stayed with her.

Paul walked closer to Liz, who still had her back on the wall. He put his hand gently on her cheek and let it fall to her chest. He pulled up the necklace he had given her.

"You know I mean it, I've told you before." Paul told her.

"I know." Liz answered.

"I'll love you forever...and forever, love you with all my heart." Paul began to sing.

Liz managed to reveal a small smile and Paul gave her a kiss when she did.

"There it is." Paul giggled.

They spent another hour in the on and off rain.

"Ready to go in?" Paul asked.

Liz nodded this time and they went to the cafeteria.

"You save us a seat, I'll get some food." Paul told Liz.

She went to a table and waited alone; her mind jumbled with too many thoughts and worries.

"Fancy seeing you here." A somewhat familiar voice said to Liz.

Liz looked up at the man.

"Pete?"

"That's right, Gorgeous. How about you and I head back to my place after were all fixed up here?" He smirked.

"Please, just leave me alone." Liz begged.

Pete sat down. "What's the matter with you?"

"George is nearly dead and I can't fucking take it so could ya just leave?" Liz asked irritated.