A Hard Day's Night

Paul rushed to the cemetery to find John. He found him crying, at his mother's grave.

"Why couldn't I have died when I took the bullet for George?!" He screamed.

Paul hurried to him and held his face in his hands.

"Oh please tell me you don't mean that!" Paul shouted.

"Why wouldn't I? Me mum's dead and now my boyfriend! If I had died then, I wouldn't have had to see any of this!" He screamed in the pouring rain.

"But then we would've had to see you die, John! Do you know how devastated we would all be?" Paul asked.

"It's not like anybody fucking cares about me!" John shouted back as tears fell from his face.

"George cares about you! Liz cares about you! Your mum, Stu, Aunt Mimi, they all would've cared! And I care John!" Paul screamed.

Paul wrapped the blanket around him.

"Please come home! Come to Liz's and we can get you warmed up. It's freezing and pouring out here." Paul begged.

"I don't care! I just wanna die and be with my mum and Stu!" John yelled.

"No you don't, John! There are people that love you here!" Paul cried.

"Like who?!"

"I do! I love you John!" Paul said and kissed him. "Please come home!"

John finally agreed and Paul and him hurried home, wrapped in the blanket.

They woke up George and Liz who had fallen asleep on her couch.

"John you're alright!" George said and hugged him. "And you're soaking! Lizzy get them some towels!"

Liz did and wrapped them around the two.

"John do you want some food? You must be starving." Liz offered.

John nodded.

"We have some pizza." Liz offered.

John took some and him and Paul went to the guest room downstairs. They dried off, took turns taking a shower and hurried in bed.

"John I've missed you so much." Paul said as they both lied down.

"I thought you were with Liz?" John asked confused.

"Well, I saw her and George...and she looked so happy so I wanted her to stay like that. So I told her that I insisted on her staying with George." Paul explained.

"But, Lizzy's wonderful. And you just let her go?" John wondered.

"I wanted her to be happy." Paul said quickly.

"But don't you love her?" John asked.

Paul nodded. "I love her dearly, and that's why I want her to be happy."

"You're so sweet, Macca." John complimented.

Paul blushed.

"You did that on purpose." John giggled.

"Do what?" Paul asked cheekily.

"Blush." John said and kissed him.

"I don't deserve to be with someone like you." John admitted.

"What do you mean?" Paul worried.

"You're so kind and loving, and I'm... I'm some depressed freak who's losing his mind." John said upset.

"Don't say that, John. You're lovely and I love you." Paul said trying to make him happier.

John rolled over to the other side of the bed and fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, George and Liz had gone to bed in Liz's room. They had fallen asleep just about an hour ago when they heard a loud noise from downstairs.

"What the hell was that, George?" Liz asked shaking.

"I-I don't know...it sounded like a gun shot." George said worried.

"Go see who it is!" Liz whispered.

George was about to pull out a gun from his drawer when he heard Paul scream.

"It's John! It's John! He's shot himself! George! Liz! Help me! Call the ambulance! Please!" Paul cried out.

George quickly ran downstairs and Liz trailed behind. Meanwhile Paul was holding John's head up.

"John, please! Stay with me!" He cried as blood spilled everywhere on the floor. "John!"

John lied motionless on the ground.

"No! John please!" Paul screamed.

The ambulance came quickly and they put John on a stretcher. Paul watched in horror as the paramedics worked quickly.

"This can't be happening! Not again!" Paul cried.

Liz hurried and pulled Paul away from the scene. She quickly embraced Paul and didn't let go. She kept his head on her shoulder and put her hand on his back.

"Will we have enough time to take him to the hospital?" One paramedic asked.

A few other nodded and a few shook their heads.

"I don't see any reason, it's highly unlikely he'll survive. We can try though." The man said and they drove John to the hospital.

"What did he say?!" Paul screamed.

"N-nothing. Don't worry." Liz tried to comfort him.

"Don't tell me not to worry! I heard him! He practically gave up on John right there! He's going to die, isn't he?!" Paul shouted.

"Paul, don't say that. We don't know-" Liz tried to help.

"Oh shut up, Lizzy!" Paul cried even more.

Liz looked at him in fear.

"Liz...I'm sorry- I just can't..." Paul tried to apologize.

"It's alright, I know how you feel." Liz said as she hugged him.

George, Paul, and Liz all rushed to the hospital. They waited in the waiting room that they had been in too many times.

A doctor came out about an hour later.

"Are Mr. John Lennon's friends or family here?" He asked.

The three stood up simultaneously.

"Is he alright?" Paul cried.