Sure To Fall (In Love With You)

Paul came back up with two cups of tea to find John coughing.

"Are you getting sick?" Paul asked.

John continued to cough and he had short quick breaths.

"John?!" Paul asked in fear.

John kept pointing to his chest.

"What happen? What should I do?" Paul asked frantically.

Paul hurried over to John on the bed and found the box of pills open on the floor with about half as many pills as were in there when he saw it just minutes ago.

"Oh my god, John!" Paul screamed as he called George.

"George call the damn hospital!" Paul shouted.

George did immediately not questioning what happened and the ambulances came quickly. Paul held John's head in his hand and stroked his hair.

"You'll be fine. You'll be fine." Paul said trying to assure himself more than John.

The paramedics took John into the ambulance, a scene Paul had already witnessed before. George, Liz and Paul all drove to the hospital. As soon as they got there, Paul asked the lady at the desk what room John was in. She told him but said he couldn't visit right now as John had just arrived.

Paul sat on the couch next to Liz and George and rested his head on Liz's lap, just like Liz had once done to him. Liz put he hand on his back and gave him a kiss on the head.

"John will be better before you know it." Liz said trying to calm Paul.

George had gone to the cafeteria to grab them some food. George and Liz were the only people in that waiting room. Paul looked up at Liz, tears falling from his red eyes, and he looked at Liz in fear. Liz hated to see anyone that scared, especially Paul. Liz put her hand on Paul's cheek as she tried to wipe away the tears. But even after she had wiped them away, her hand stayed. She looked at Paul and leaned in towards him. She gave him a slow kiss on the lips. Once she had stopped Paul looked at her in shock. Liz put her hands to her mouth when she realized what she had done.

"Paul, I'm sorry." Liz said quietly.

Paul stood up and went to the restroom. He locked himself in a stall and tried to comprehend what had just happened.

Liz couldn't have done that sincerely. Could she? She knew Paul was with John. She knew Paul was queer. But the more Paul thought, the more he realized that the only man he was attracted to was John. He didn't see other man as someone he could be in love with. He still found birds attractive. And for that matter, he found Liz extremely attractive. Her green eyes, brown, wavy hair. Her cute laugh.

"What the hell is happening to me?!" Paul asked himself.

Meanwhile, Liz was doing the same thing. She had just kissed Paul, one if her best friends. But she was with George. That kiss wasn't a real one, was it? She had done that out of sympathy. Right? These thoughts and questions ran through her head when George came back.

"Hey Love, where's Paul?" George asked as he gave Liz some food.

"Oh he's in the bathroom, could you check on him? He's been in there for a while." Liz asked.

George nodded and went in.

"Paul?" He asked.

Paul opened the stall to the familiar voice.

"Are you alright, Paul? Liz wanted me to check on you." George asked.

Paul ran out to George and hugged him.

"I don't know!" Paul cried.

George hugged him back.

"Do you wanna go home?" George asked.

Paul shook his head, "I want to wait for John."

"I'll stay here, I think you should go home with Liz." George said, still clueless as to why Paul was crying again.

"Are you sure?" Paul asked.

George nodded. "I'll spend the night here and you two should get some sleep."

Paul nodded. "Thanks, George."

"Anytime." George said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Paul looked at him a bit shocked.

"Relax Paul, I know you're John's. I'm not queer anyway." George laughed.

Paul gave him a fake smile and left.

"Liz, George said we should go home. He's gonna stay here." Paul said.

Liz nodded and the two got a taxi home. They walked in silently and the two sat on the couch.

"Paul, I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you. I know your with John and all and that you-" Liz blurted out until Paul put his hand on her cheek and kissed her.

Liz's eyes widened in surprise as Paul kissed her but she didn't try to stop it.

The two finished and Paul blushed.

"What about John?" Liz asked.

"He doesn't have to know...neither does George." Paul smiled and kissed Liz again and pulled her closer.