It's All Too Much

It was time for lunch and George and Liz headed to the cafeteria together. They got their food and sat down at their own little table. Paul passed by George and smiled when he saw George had found a friend. George waved back to Paul who went to go sit with his pal, John.

"Is that your friend?" Liz asked.

"Yea that's Paul. He's in a band with that John Lennon; he's trying to convince John to let me in the band."

"What do you play?"

"Mainly guitar, but I sing a little as well."

"Oh I'd love to hear you sing! Do you think maybe I could hear you after school?"

"Really? Um...I mean, sure." George replied shocked that somebody actually wanted to hang out with him.

"Yay! I can't wait!"

They finished up there lunch and headed to their next class.

"What do you have?" George asked.

"Ugh, biology." She replied sadly.

"Oh I've got geography. Well, have fun I guess." George said awkwardly.

"Hehe you too." Liz said as she kissed George on the cheek.

They walked down two separate hallways and spent the next 45 minutes apart. George tried not to doodle anything but he couldn't resist; he drew guitars as usual but today something new ended up on his paper. Little hearts with the letters: G and L. George doodled the whole time and when the older teacher called on him, George had no idea what to say. The teacher asked George a question relating to the topic the rest of the class had been discussing.

"Um...east?" George blurted out.

The class guested out laughing but the teacher was very angered.

"George Harrison. Have you been daydreaming the whole class?"

"Well, no, I mean..." George trailed off.

"If you haven't been daydreaming what were you doing?" The teacher asked annoyed.

"Um...drawing..." George muttered.

"Well since you believe that your drawings are more important than my teaching, maybe you should tell us what it is you were doodling." The teacher said.

"Um...no please, your teaching is excellent. You wouldn't want me to ruin your class with my drawings." George tried to convince the teacher.

"Mr. Harrison, we only have a few more minutes of class, you might as well show us."

"Alright then." George said terrified.

"Um I was just drawing some...uh guitars and stuff."

"What do you mean by stuff, Mr. Harrison.?" The amused teacher asked.

"Oh nothing...just stuff." George mumbled trying to avoid the hearts.

A kid snatched the spiral out of George's hand and laughed.

"Our little Georgie's got himself a little crush."

The class laughed and people were asking who it was.

"Let's see..." The kid who took the notebook said. "Inside these little hearts....there's a 'G' for George I presume...and a 'L,' hmm... Who is L?"

"I saw him sitting with that freak, Liz at lunch today! I bet it's her!" A girl shouted out.

"Aw George and Liz sitting in a tree..." Another kid blurted out in a high voice.

"Are you a freaking 3rd grader?!" George suddenly shouted.

The teacher was about to say something to a George as he ran out of the class crying.

George ran to the most vacant place he could find which happened to be the theatre and sat in a corner. He reached into his backpack and pulled out a blade. He rolled up both of his sleeves and started to break the skin in small cuts. "You worthless piece of shit. Nobody fucking cares about you. They all think you're a freak. You're a loner and nobody cares about you." George muttered to himself as he cut his wrists. Blood dripped down his thin but muscular arms and a few drops fell on the bare theatre floor. George heard the bell ring for the next class but he didn't care. He could use some alone time even if it was only his first day back. George kept crying and cutting when he heard a creaking door open. "Oh shit." George said as he saw someone come towards him. If someone saw him cutting, he'd be more screwed than he was before.

"George? Love?" A familiar voice said quietly.

A girl was walking to George and then rushed to him seeing the blade.

"George! No!" Liz cried out.

"I'm sorry, Liz, I couldn't help it. I-I was in geography and they saw my drawings and they saw everything and I couldn't take it." George barely managed to say since he was crying so much.

"George. Please stop." Liz begged.

"But I can't, Liz! It's too hard! I can't take it! I can't take the embarrassment, the scolding, the bullying, it's all too much and I can't!" George cried.

Liz pulled out some tissues from her bag and wiped away the blood on George's wrists and arms. George finally slowed his crying.

"Thanks for everything, Liz. I really don't think it would even be a possibility to quit cutting if you hadn't came along." George said as he loosened his arms from Liz's grasp around them and hugged her. He looked at her lovely, brown eyes and gave her a kiss. Liz blushed and kissed him back.

"I don't care if we just met; I love you to pieces, George." She said smiling.

"I love you too, Lizzy."