I'll Cry Instead

"George I'm sorry." Liz said as George cleaned up her cuts gently.

"What is there to be sorry about, Love?"

"I've-I've been such a hypocrite." Liz confessed.

"Oh Liz, no you haven't. You've been such a great help and I don't know what would've happened to me if you weren't here." George sympathized.

"George just stop! Stop lying! I know I've been awful. I tell you to stop your cutting and I turn around and cut myself! It's too much, George!"

"Lizzy please; stop! Everyone makes mistakes and at least you could recognize what yours was! But it's over now! Stop being so harsh on yourself!"

"I may have recognized my mistake but I just can't seem to do anything to redeem myself for it! I'm so fucking worthless!" Liz bawled her eyes out as she held George as close to her as she could.

"Lizzy! You are not worthless! Do you have any idea what you've done for me? If it wasn't for you, I'd be gone by now." George said comforting Liz.

Liz loosened her grasp on George,

"What do you mean 'gone by now'?"

"I mean, I was about ready to literally kill myself just days before you moved in. And then I had the slightest idea that someone might actually care about me. The slightest idea that a girl named Lizzy actually cared about me." George began to tear up as well.

"Oh George! I didn't know it was that bad! And that little idea you had, it was absolutely right! George I love you and I'll always love you! You've helped me and apparently I've helped you. We need each other." Liz said as she wrapped her arms around George's neck. George grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him and out of the bathroom and out to Liz's bed. They both laid beside each other and kissed each other for what seemed to last forever. Liz turned her back to George and George leaned into her as close as he possibly could. He rested his chin on her neck and kissed her on her cheek and neck.

"What would I do without you?" Liz whispered to George.

"Probably the same thing I would do if I was without you." George said with a kiss on the cheek.

The two giggled, talked and cried throughout the night; holding the other impossibly close. They held their partner's hands and compared their scars. After a few minutes of total silence and looking at one another's scars and cuts, a teardrop fell on Liz's arm. She looked up to where it came from and her eyes locked with George's watery ones.

"What's the matter, Georgie?"

"I just can't believe what I've done to me self."

"I can't believe what I've done to myself." Liz responded.

They fell into each other's grasp, crying.

"It'll get better, I promise." Liz said.

George revealed a smile at the thought and kissed Liz's forehead.