Because

Paul hopped back in bed before John came back.

"Paulie, I've got our hot cocoa!" John shouted in the hallway. He opened the door and greeted Paul with a big smile.

"I put extra marshmallows in it." He said and winked.

Paul giggled nervously.

John set down the mugs. "Paul why's your face all red?" He felt his head and cheek. "Oh my god you're burning up!"

John removed the bed sheets from Paul and began to get Paul's shirt off when Paul tried to pull down at his sleeves.

"Don't mess around, Macca. You've got a fever or something." John said trying to get his shirt off.

"No, John. I'm fine." Paul said tugging at his sleeves.

"Why do you keep doing that?" John asked looking at Paul's now stretched out sleeve.

"I don't know..." Paul muttered.

"Yes you do, Paul!" John shouted. "You're scaring me, Macca! What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I'm fine." Paul said.

John had had enough; he pulled up Paul's sleeve.

"Paul..." He gasped.

"John, it-it's nothing." Paul tried to excuse himself.

"Paul you cut!" John shouted and Paul saw the fear in his eyes.

"I couldn't help myself! I saw you and Brian and I just couldn't! That's why I had a freaking anxiety attack earlier!" Paul screamed.

"Paul-I-I'm sorry. I'd never do that to you...I'll call the record deal off if it means that much to you." John said.

Paul shook his head, "No, I don't wanna lose this opportunity."

John got Paul a bandage and put it over his cut.

"No more of this." John said as he covered the cut.

Paul nodded hesitantly. "I'll try."

"No, you are going to stop. You aren't gonna just try." John corrected him.

Paul nodded. "Where's that hot chocolate?"

John smiled. "Right here, Love." He said as he carefully gave Paul the mug.

"Thanks, John." Paul said, sipping the warm drink.

"Anytime Paulie." John said as he had some of his own.

The two enjoyed the quiet for a while when it was broken by Paul's question. "So we have to write enough songs for a whole album?"

John nodded. "Yea, I'm not sure how we're gonna manage but I guess we'll have to do. But for now, you need to get some sleep, Macca."

Paul yawned in agreement. He wrapped himself in the sheets John had stripped him of earlier and covered John with them too. Paul giggled, making his little tent under the sheets like a little kid.

"I see you, Johnny." Paul said mimicking a child's voice.

"You're so strange..." John laughed.

Paul made sure John was in his tent with him. He leaned in and gave John a quick kiss.

"Love you, Johnny." Paul whispered.

"Love you, too." John whispered back.

John woke up at 4 to the sound of crying. He looked at Paul who was crying in his sleep.

"John..." Paul muttered.

"I'm right here." John said softly.

"John?" Paul said still sleeping.

"Macca...I'm here." John said again.

"John!" Paul shouted and woke himself up.

"J-John, you're here." Paul said in relief and grabbed John's cheeks.

John put his hand over Paul's hand. "I'm here, Love." John said.

"Good." Paul said.

"You-you and Brian...were in the dream." Paul admitted.

"Oh..." John trailed off.

Paul grabbed John's arm and pulled it to his chest and used it as a pillow to fall asleep to again. John was extremely uncomfortable with Paul practically bending his arm so that he could hold onto it in his sleep but he didn't move. He wanted to make sure Paul was okay. John gave Paul a kiss on the forehead before falling asleep again.