We Can Work It Out

George read the card again.

"Dear George,

I'm being completely honest with you when I say that all I remember is John taking me to a bar after he knocked you out and me waking up at John's house earlier. John must've gotten me so drunk that I have absolutely no memory of what happen in between. But no matter what, it's over. And I love you more than anything. Get well soon!

Love,

Lizzy xoxo"

George hated himself even more. First he attempts to kill himself because of something Liz didn't want to do, then he yells at the only person who cared about him. Liz really didn't want to be with John. George wanted to get out of the hospital as soon as he could and try to get Lizzy back.

It had been several days and George was finally being released from the hospital. George got a cab to his house where he found a letter on the table.

"Dear George,

I've been at Paul's for the past few days since I assumed you didn't want to have anything to do with me. But Paul wanted to see how you were doing so I guess you could come and visit."

~Liz

George hurried to Paul's house. The door was unlocked and he walked in. He didn't see anyone so he went upstairs to Paul's bedroom. The door was cracked open and George peaked through to see if they were in there before he said anything. Paul and Liz were there.

They were there.

Liz had her head buried into Paul's chest and Paul was playing with her hair. George saw Liz put her head deeper into Paul's chest and Paul gave her a kiss on the forehead. George didn't even go in. He ran down the stairs and slammed the door behind him. Paul and Liz were both startle by the noise and went downstairs carefully. Once they realized no one was inside, they went outside to see if anyone was there. Liz saw no one but she did see a small piece of paper on the sidewalk. She went to pick it up and opened it.

"To my beautiful Lizzy,

I am extremely sorry for what I did in the hospital. I didn't know that John forced you to. After reading your note, I guess you want nothing to do with me; but please forgive me if you can.

Sincerely,

George."

Liz gasped and went back to Paul. She told Paul she was gonna head back to George's.

"Are you sure, Darling?"

Liz nodded and Paul gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Good luck!" Paul said waving goodbye.

Liz hurried back to George's. She opened the door and heard crying. She went to George's bedroom that evoked good and bad memories. She opened the door and saw George crying his eyes out. She ran and wrapped her arms around him, falling on the bed.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" George muttered.

"I missed you, Georgie. And I forgive you."

George sat up at the second sentence.

"How did you know?" George asked.

Liz pulled out the letter and showed George the crumpled paper she found on the sidewalk.

"I still don't know why you're here." George muttered.

"What is there to be confused about?" Liz asked.

"I-I saw you and Paul and..." George trailed off.

"George, Paul was just trying to comfort me!"

"Comfort you? From what?" George asked.

"I couldn't bare the fact that you hated me at the hospital...and Paul was the only one I trusted."

"Oh, Lizzy.... I feel like such a bastard!" George yelled at himself.

"Well you shouldn't! George it wasn't your fault. I should've gotten out of that bar as soon as John brought me in there."

Liz grabbed George's hands from underneath the bed sheets and pulled them out so that she could see them. She was about to kiss them when she saw what was on George's wrists and arms.

Liz's mouth dropped.