With A Little Luck

George and Liz had been coping well with the loss of John but there were some days when Liz especially couldn't handle it. George managed to fall asleep after the funeral but Liz was restless. Her constant turning and muffled cried woke George.

"Are you alright, Liz?" George muttered.

Liz shook her head and George sat up.

"John?" He asked.

Liz nodded. "I'm not sure why I miss him so much. I mean, at least when I think about when he beat me."

"Well he wasn't always cruel to you. And we both know that."

Liz agreed and remembered when John had sent her the lovely notes and when he was so sweet to her.

"I can't believe he shot himself." Liz said. "Y'know he was just getting better. Him and Paul were back together."

"Well he's watching us now and we'll see him again someday." George tried to relax her. "Try to get your mind off of it, won't you?"

"I'll try." She said and buried her head in George's bare chest.

George woke up in the morning before Liz. He tried to get out of bed but realized that Liz was clinging onto his waist. He giggled and played with her hair.

"Silly girl." He whispered.

He didn't want to disturb her so he just stayed there until she woke up. He waited about half an hour when Liz greeted him, "Morning, Georgie."

"Good morning, Sleepy head." He laughed and gave her a kiss.

"Want some breakfast?" He asked.

"Sure. I'll help get some." Liz said.

"No, you stay here. I'll get us our food." George said hopping out of bed, shirtless.

Liz brushed her hair and washed up but didn't get out of her pajamas.

George came back and gave her breakfast in bed. The two are together and then put the dishes in the sink. Linda came down, "Good morning." She said happily.

Liz and George had warmed up to Linda. "Hey."

"Want some breakfast?" Liz asked

"I'm fine, thanks though."

"Where's Paul?" George asked.

"Oh, he's still a bit shaken up. He's in the shower now." Linda said.

"Did he seem a bit sad this morning?" Liz asked abruptly.

"I suppose a little, I didn't think much of it since the funeral was just yesterday." Linda explained.

"Shit." Liz cursed and ran upstairs.

"What's wrong?" Linda asked George.

George shrugged his shoulders.

"Paul!" Liz yelled as she slammed open the bedroom door.

She hurried to the bathroom and unlocked it from the outside.

"Paul!" She shouted again.

She found him just how she thought she would: blade in hand.

"Dammit Paul." She said as she hit the blade out of his hand.

"Liz!"

"I knew this was gonna happen!" Liz yelled angrily.

"Liz, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me, Paul!"

Paul looked at Liz a bit worried.

"Liz, why are you so upset?" Paul asked.

"Because!" She shouted.

"Because why?" Paul asked, walking towards Liz.

"Because..." Liz said upset.

"Cuz...I-I didn't want you to end up like John! Alright?!" Liz yelled.

"Liz, that isn't going to happen." Paul said.

"Really? Because whenever I cut, it's kinda cuz I want to kill myself!"

"Lizzy. I swear I would never-" Paul began to say.

"Don't lie to me!" Liz screamed as tears began to flow.

"Please don't cry, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Paul said hugging her. "Liz don't cry. I hate it when you do that."

Liz put her head on the taller boy's shoulder. Paul gave her a kiss on the forehead and put his fingers through her hair. "Shhh..."

Liz did her best to muffle her crying. Liz stood up. "Let me clean off your wrists."

Paul offered her his wrists that were covered in smeared blood.

"Thanks Liz." Paul said trying to manage a smile.

She nodded her head and dried his wrists. She turned to him and looked straight in his eyes.

"Paul, please don't do this anymore." Liz begged.

"I won't, I promise." Paul replied.

Paul wiped away her tears. "Don't want them to see you crying, do we?"

After the two became presentable, they came downstairs where Linda and George had been talking.

"Hi, Paul." Linda said and gave him a kiss.

Paul kissed her back, "Good morning, Beautiful."

"Is Paul okay?" George whispered.

"He's fine now." Liz whispered back and gave George a kiss.

The four talked about what they wanted to do and decided to go to the pier.

"Maybe I can show Linda that special place under the pier." Paul giggled looking at Liz.

Liz was a bit saddened by the idea of Paul taking Linda to where they had once been together. Where Paul gave her the pearl. But Liz nodded faking a smile.

"Liz you still want to learn the ukelele?" George asked.

Liz nodded.

"We'll get you a new ukelele and I'll teach you some more." George said.

The four headed out and Paul took Linda to the beach where he would lead her to under the pier and George took Liz to the guitar shop.