Today

I...I don't even really know what to say.

September 3rd. That's when I last updated.

The reason I've been so inactive is that my heart just isn't in this as much as I want it to. I still love writing as a whole, but I've honestly fallen out of the Septiplier fandom, and that truly hurts to admit.

I don't know if I'm going to continue this story. I want to, but I also don't know if I should. I don't know if updating, on my end, is worth it. But I also don't want to keep letting you guys down with breaking promises of future updates and lying about how involved I am with this ship.

This may be the last chapter, but I don't think it will be. I don't know when the next time I'll update is, but I would like for it to be soon. Maybe I'll write short chapters here and there whenever inspiration and motivation comes to me, or maybe the next chapter will be the final. I'm completely unaware of the future of this book, but I'll make sure to keep you guys updated (specially by posting on my message board).

So, enjoy this poorly edit and mediocre chapter that was written in an hour and is around 1,000 words. It's slightly based off of my currently feelings on this whole situation (as well as my life in general), but I'm glad to say that I was able to write this without any trouble. It's been too long since I've written like this; nonstop with ideas and words easily flowing onto the paper. But it still feels good to have finally written a chapter, even if this isn't as good as my previous writings.

Just remember that despite it being months since my last update, I still love you guys so very much, and I hope you all have a fantastic day <3 :)

Today is the day.

As I'm slowly pulling up my jeans, throwing on a nice shirt, and taking the time to actually find matching socks instead of grabbing the first socks I see in my dresser, my fear is diminishing. Why? The hell if I know. I've been nervous as shit all week, but to see my anxiousness slowly disappear as if it never even existed is a damn blessing. If questioning my lack of anxiety will jinx me and let me lose control of my sanity, I won't even bother to think about this anymore.

Once my hair is brushed and my clothes are on, I make my way to the bathroom. At this point in the school year, walking from room to room while trying to prepare for the day is absolute drudgery, and I sadly can't do anything to stop it. I slowly step in the bathroom and shut the door behind me, immediately rushing over to the sink and turning it on. I splash some water on my face, hoping that it can wake me up.

I can do this. I mean, look at this gorgeous, sexy face staring back at me in the mirror. Who wouldn't want me? I'm awesome.

...Right?

I brush my teeth, allowing myself to clear my own head. I feel less nervous now, and it's an inexplicable miracle that I won't even dare to figure out. If I keep feeling like this, I can easily get through this day without facing too much trouble.

"Jack!" I suddenly hear my ma yell out. She knocks on the door only a couple times, but it's enough to make me spit out my toothpaste and set down my toothbrush. "Hurry up! You're going to miss the bus."

I quickly rinse out my mouth. "I'll be out in a second, Ma!"

I ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my folders, shoving them in my bag. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and ran out the door at the speed of light, just in time to see the bus pull up to my stop. I hop on and find an empty seat that's perfect for putting in my earbuds and listening to music without disturbance.

The bus ride is calming. Everyone is tired, so not many people are talking. Nobody's yelling, the lights are off, and the radio isn't on. It's one of those rare peaceful moments that you just want to cherish forever for very obvious reasons.

I'm beginning to doze off, but somebody shakes my shoulder and whispers that we've arrived at school. I groan and yank out my earbuds, which is one of the most regrettable things I have to do every single day. Once I exit the bus, I try to take in as much fresh air as possible before forcing myself to enter the building that stands in front of me and work through 8 hours of pure agony.

But as I step foot into the school and begin making my way to his locker, every emotion and sense of anxiety that I thought had suddenly disappeared came crashing down on me like a giant wave that could easily drown any unlucky soul who was trapped under it. Most people would say they had butterflies in their stomach, but I had a fucking herd of bulls running around in mine.

The closer I walked towards his locker, the angrier the bulls got. I want to throw up, but...I can still do this. I told myself that earlier, and I can tell myself again. I can do this.

It wasn't until I saw him when my heart stopped completely. There he was in all his glory, shoving books in his locker with a smile that could brighten up an entire room.

He causes me to jumble up my words when I speak and stumble when I walk. He makes my cheeks turn pink whenever we make eye contact. He sees me as a person and treats me with respect. He brings me food when I'm in a bad mood and makes me laugh. He's a football player who found interest in a video game nerd. He's a popular kid who found a friend in the introverted person who tends to hide away from others. He's Mark fucking Fischbach, and he's the light of my goddamn life.

And now, in the moment where I am currently standing still in the middle of the hall just staring at his beautiful self, is the time where I'm supposed to tap his shoulder and ask him out on a date.

So, with months of preparation for this very moment, I take a deep breath. Then I take another just for a safety precaution. As I attempt to take a step forward, he suddenly looks up and stares directly at me as if he knew I was going to talk to him. Are my cheeks getting redder? Am I melting? Wow, I really need to vomit.

A smile forms on his face and he waves. I wave back and take another step forward. Then another. Then another. I usually live by the philosophy that "speed is key", but speed currently appears to be the last thing I want to use right now. But then his eyes suddenly avert to my side, and a girl suddenly appears in my peripheral vision. Did he even notice that I was there? Or did she just grab his attention right after I did?

She runs up to him and he pulls her into a hug.

Oh. Right. She must be Amy.

His smile gets wider and wider, but he isn't looking at me. Instead, his focus is all on her. They pull away, and they look at each other like nothing else in the world matters. She twirls her hair and says something, then both of them are suddenly laughing. There's no point in trying, so I turn around and walk away. It was stupid of me to think that I actually had a chance, anyway.

Today is not the day. Neither is tomorrow. Or the next day. Or a week from now, or a month, or a year.

But we're just friends, after all, right? And I guess...

I guess that's all we'll ever be.