Superhero

Jack slowly opened his eyes, spending a few moments squinting to adapt to the bright light that surrounded him. Everywhere he looked, he could only see white. The only thing with color was himself, the wooden chair he was sitting in, and the tight ropes that held him in his place. He examined his own body, relieved that bruises were the only sign of injury, and no blood could be seen.

He can't remember how he got there, or who trapped him there. They could've been someone who was having a boring day, or possibly an enemy that Jack may not know about. Enemies were something Jack didn't have much of, for he was a loveable person that only made friends and was able to get on everyone's good side. But, no matter the reason, somebody had kidnapped him, and Jack needed to escape.

I need to tip over this chair, he thought, and possibly find a way to slip out of these ropes. Just as he started to rock his chair, the loud creak of a door sounded from behind him, the sound of a lock clicking following soon after. He froze in fear of what would happen next, eyes widening as sudden footsteps made its way towards Jack.

"My dear Jack, it's wonderful to see you awake. Part of me has been admiring from afar, you know. He notices you getting your coffee in the morning, buying video games from Game Stop, grocery shopping at Walmart. Everywhere you go, he sees you, but he doesn't bother to talk to you. So, I decided to steal you from him, since he was being such a big baby."

The deep voice was oddly familiar. Jack recalls hearing it a few times, possibly on the television, but never in real life. When Jack didn't reply, the man said nothing and continued moving towards Jack, his footsteps being the only thing that was heard. He stepped in front of Jack, a grim smile on his face. Jack immediately recognized who this man was, but it was as if he was someone different.

"Who the hell are you?" Jack growled, finally acknowledging the fact that he was able to speak freely, no restraints on his mouth.

"Ah, yes. I knew you would recognize me, or at least the other part of me. He likes to call me," he flashed a toothy grin Jack's way, who took note of his sharp teeth, black eyes, and dark clothing, "Dark. Darkiplier, if you want to be formal."

"There's no such thing... You can't be real, right? I'm just having a really bad dream, that's all." Jack said quickly.

"Superheroes who fly around in their fancy tights and capes, run at the speed of light, and are strong enough to pick up cars shouldn't be real, but we have Markiplier. I don't know how I exist, either. But the world would be so much more boring without me, so just blame Mark for whatever he did to let out the dark side of him."

Mark, better known as Markiplier, was known throughout the entire world for being a real-life Superman. He has saved the day countless times, earning the respect of everyone who has seen what he does. Jack would hear about the stories of how he 'saved the world' on the news and would stare at the television screen with awe, having high esteem for this man.

"There's no way in hell I'll believe that Markiplier, the Markiplier, cares about me enough for you to be a dick and kidnap me. Speaking of which; let me go!"

"No can do, Jackyboy. I'm keeping you here and making you mine. You're bait for my precious other half, and you'll do a great job at luring him here."

"Fuck you!"

"Oh, I know you want to," Darkiplier said, winking at Jack, "But I need to hurt you so I can get Mark here faster."

"P-Please don't..."

Darkiplier ignored Jack, pulling out a knife and licking his lips with a forked tongue, "Shall we begin?"

"Mark!" Jack yelled, panicking as Darkiplier stepped closer to him. He started rocking the chair back and forth in hopes of tipping it over and it worked. He landed on the ground with a loud thump and tried crawling away, unable to slip out of the ropes.